UBot Underground

Does anyone else have this 'wait for browser event' skip problem?

My bot clicks on the 'submit' button and then is supposed to 'wait for browser event everything loaded'

I have set the advanced option to wait 300 seconds - that should be way more than enough time..

Then there's an 'if exists' command where it sees if something exists on the next page which it should wait for to load..

However every single time I run the bot it goes on the 'wait for browser event everything loaded' for about 2 seconds and then just goes onto the 'if exists' command - obviously nothing exists because it hasn't let the page load..

Is this just a bug or can I fix this? Others experiencing this? My buddy with ubot says this happens to him from time to time and his solution is to restart ubot.. I hope that's not really the answer!

I have never experienced that. If you want to send your script to me, I'll take a look at it and see if I can find something...

John

Hey - I think I've found the problem.

The bot clicks the 'submit' button. However nothing happens.

Then it checks to see if everything is loaded and it is because nothing has happened.

Then the browser catches up and starts to load the next page. By which time the bot is already doing other commands.

I've fixed the problem by putting a short 'wait 5 seconds' command just after the click and before the 'wait for everything loaded'

I would send you the script but it's honestly as simple as I said - there's nothing more to be looked into really..

Does my explanation above sound about right to you? If you want to replicate what's going on try signing up to LiveJournal - get to the second page where you have to click the 'save' button and then put in a 'wait for everything loaded' command after you've clicked on the 'save' button. If you have an 'if exists 'congratulations''command after that the bot should skip and not wait to see if 'congratulations' exists as when it clicked 'save' nothing happened for a moment and then it immediately checked if everything was loaded - which it was. Then the browser starts to load the page but by this time the bot will already be checking to see if 'congratulations' exists.. which of course it won't as the page is still loading..

Yes, it does...just for future reference...

ANY button click that cause a page navigation REQUIRES a delay...the click command does not inherently have a delay, so you need to make sure it has one...in your case, a perfect example, the page action took longer to execute (the button click), so a delay would naturally solve that.

John

ah fantastic - now I have a solution! I know there are tons of tutorials and I've watched many of them but is there just a book or pdf that I can download which walks you through things such as this..

SO far I've pretty much watched a good few hours of tutorials and figured it out myself but really simple things like this have passed me by.. Where can I learn all these basics.. it's not the type of thing which is included in tutorials which more explain what the commands do and how the program works..