UBot Underground

I don't know if I should laugh or cry..

I honestly don't know what is going on..

I make a very simple bot that just fills out a sign up form..

It has hardly anything that it needs to do.. just simply fill out the form and hit submit..

There aren't even any wait commands for it to screw up..

So one time it will skip doing a username

Another time it will skip the password

Another time it will skip the date of birth..

All completely randomly with no reason..

This is taking me forever to do anything when I keep encountering these stupid errors..

Another thing which is happening quite a lot is that it will skip the 'wait for browser fully loaded' command.

It will click on a submit button and then while the page is still loading it will just skip the wait command and go onto the next thing.. I've sent the script to my friend who has ubot and he says it's erratically skipping for him too..

Sometimes restarting ubot sets everything okay but seriously what is going on here? Does anyone else have these issues? My friend who has ubot is having the exact same issues as well..

I paid a decent amount for this software and so far I'm very unimpressed. I've been using it for around a month and it's hardly 'automated' my life - I have to sit and watch my bots do every single thing or they will just start randomly skipping things..

If this was a fault with my programming surely it would skip the same things every time or the same things would go wrong but when it's trying to fill out a simple form and it decides to skip the password field - that's all down to ubot just f*cking up..

What's the deal here?

do you normally put a 2-3 second wait between form submission fields?

Not a bad suggestion

One thing we found early on was that v4 executes commands very quickly. Having said that, it IS possible that a command is being executed before the page is ready for them so delays are always a good first test to see if that is the issue.

John

Wait for element generally doesn't work when going from input field to input field... it is best when going from page to page...

• 2 months later...

I am using Wait for element and I think they are the better wait command!

The default "Wait for browser event" has it own default time out, I think it is either 30 seconds or 1 min. Your bot will execute the next command if the default time out is up!

If your page take longer time to load, especially during heavy network traffic, the wait for browser event may not really work.

In Ghoast's case, my suggestion is to use wait for element, set the time out to be 5 mins, on 4 fields.

1. wait for element, username, 300

2. wait for element, password, 300

3. wait for element, birth date, 300

4. wait for element, submit button, 300

5. change attribute, type text......for your username, password, birth date, submit button.. (with wait for few seconds in between)

If your network traffic takes more than 10 mins to response, the 2nd, 3rd or 4th wait will wait for you.

If your network traffic is excellent, response within 5 second, your bot will fill up the fields very fast and click on the next page.

Off course, do the same when your bot is on the next page.... wait for a few element....