UBot Underground

Interested in Paid Classes?

Hey Guys,

Herve, myself, and a few others have been chatting about the possibility of putting together a paid program to learn ubot and get serious with it.

I may not be the best developer here, but I do have a strong grasp of programming concepts, javascript, jquery, and php. I've built some pretty advanced bots (read: threaded and doing some advanced site scraping and data crunching) in the short time I've been using ubot and would be more than happy to share everything I know for some spending money :).

So here is the question. If I started doing weekly or bi-weekly calls for like $20-$30 / month, would you be interested in something like that?

If there is enough interest I'd start almost immediately :).

-Dan

Count me in.

Plus you could use the material to publish a How to run Ubot ebook and make extra income and/or tape the chat/phone call and upload them on a registration site.

I can start anytime Dan.

This depends on the specific content of the individual calls... if it is something I am interested in I would surely participate.

One problem I foresee is finding a time that everyone is comfortable with since folks are spread all over the world and it isn't as easy as it appears... downloads/replays of the sessions would definitely be a plus.

http://ubotstudio.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif

You raise a good point, Duane.

I was thinking of collecting questions before hand so people who couldn't attend live could see me take a crack at their problem anyway. That might help a little bit with the time difference.

What are some things you'd be interested in learning?

Duane is right.

A registration site to listen to replay and download example code would be really good. You could turn into an online ubot instructor.

Just collect questions, and make a simple video or just audio file with few screen shot.........

Let me know if there's any... i'm in

Duane is right.

A registration site to listen to replay and download example code would be really good. You could turn into an online ubot instructor.

Just collect questions, and make a simple video or just audio file with few screen shot.........

You might want to check around. There have been a few other people talking about doing the same thing. In fact the last I heard there were 3 or 4 working on such a program. It would be most helpful to a lot of people. As fast as Ubot changes I can see issues with keeping everything updated and the amount of time spent with it.

Hey Fran,

I know there are a few other people or there putting stuff together.

I do believe I have some unique ideas to offer the ubot community. But ultimately the more we all push it, the better the whole community will become :).

I also have some collaborative ideas, I think TJ had some collaborative ideas as well.

Just trying to gauge interest here.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a good Idea. I used to use drip feed blasts back in the day and they would do webinars which were really helpful, these evolved along with the services they offered.

I think that a lot of people who buy Ubot struggle to find the time to master it. I'm one of those people. Typically I'll start off with a need and I'll keep pawing through tutorials and try and piece together the knowledge I need, then I'll get stuck. Then I'll get frustrated because I can't find the answer to what I need quickly.

It is true that you can't always get a quick answer in this forum or from the support team (just sayin', so please don't take offence anyone). I got stuck in a loop recently and it really wound me up. When I have a problem, I just want to solve it quickly, or I just lose the thread and consequently interest. Anyway desperate for some instruction, I got my wallet out and had Theo Gaushas (TJ) produce me a video. In this case, this was the best use of my time and money.

Now, most people here will have purchased this software thinking it is 'the' magic bullet. It can be, but depending on the amount of time you have available, you have to make a choice and cost yourself out an hour. I spent $x with Theo, and I have something that has saved me 10x what it cost and I have a video to learn from that meets my specific needs.

My advice would be to watch the instructional Video's (especially John B's), decide what you want from Ubot and give yourself a set amount of time to achieve it on your own. When you have hit the point just before you want to throw the computer out of the window, accept you have probably hit a limit and become unproductive and take some professional advice. What do you do when you have a legal problem? You go and see your lawyer for guidance.

I believe in paying for good service, and if I could learn this quicker by doing so it would be worth the outlay because I know I'd earn it back.

Ubot is a brilliant piece of software, but IMHO marketeers and small business owners need to be realistic about how much time they can commit to it vs working at their day jobs.