UBot Underground

Parsing table data

Got my script working that takes a configuration file and processes each entry and scrapes a table and then I need it to process each table to check for information.

I don't see many commands for working with tables and the tutorial on tables really only covers writing out to tables and reading them but not really much for processing data.

The tables I am scraping are 2-5 rows. I want to create a loop that processes each row (first row is a title row and should be ignored) and checks column two to see if it contains one of two different possible strings. I do not know how many rows will be in the table, but I do know it will have at least one row and one title row (that can be ignored).

I assume I create a loop using $table total rows as the cycle count. Create a variable to keep track of which table row I am working on.

Then use $table cell to check check each cell I am interested one by one, using the variable to mark what row.

Am I on the right track?

• 1 month later...

bump :)

looking for the same answer here, I think

i have

loop($table total rows(&thetable)) {

navigate("{$table cell(&thetable, #rowcounter, 0)}.html", "Wait")

wait(2)

increment(#rowcounter)

but loops on past the $table total rows number