UBot Underground

Test If Ftp Connection Succesful?

is there any way to test if an FTP connection was successful? After I compile, I no longer see the error message. And the bot seems to die or get stuck there, since the alert I set to show lack of success never gets run.

connect to the ftp, then either use 'check if ftp file exists' (if exists -then-set var to true-else set var to false)

or if you are giving it to customers and have no way to know what files they have in their ftp, then use the 'create file' command then check to see if file exists, then delete it so that you do not junk up their ftp.

Thats just one way of course.... you really have lots of options

Problem seems to be that if the connection details are wrong, you never get to the next line in the code. Before compiling, you get a pop up from the connection wizard if your details are not correct (ie unable to connect) but after compiling if the connection details are wrong your code seems stuck, and even the pop up doesnt show. I have an alert before and after the connection to ftp, the first one shows but you never get to the second one. Thinking of maybe trying a timer in a different thread and give it 60 to 90 seconds to connect, if not done by then show an error message.

• 3 weeks later...

If someone else ends up needing this, I set a thread before I call the FTP connect, the thread is just a 45 sec wait and an if test. So if the FTP works, i set the connect variable to true, and the bot runs normally. If at the end of 45 sec the connect variable is still false, it pops up an alert about invalid name/password etc and then stops the bot.