UBot Underground

Speeding Up The Ubot Gui

Hey guys,

Has anyone manage to find a way to speed up the uBot GUI when working with large bots? I have a decent spec machine with SSD but when I have certain plugins enabled things grind to a halt. Just wondering if anyone has found any workarounds. 

Hey guys,

Has anyone manage to find a way to speed up the uBot GUI when working with large bots? I have a decent spec machine with SSD but when I have certain plugins enabled things grind to a halt. Just wondering if anyone has found any workarounds. 

A few of my bots are HUGE and indeed started to cause problems, mainly with reliability and consistency,

by this i mean that it got to the point that sometimes things worked and others they didnt, very annoying, 

not to mention how long these bots took to initially load, .. 

I resolved this with the following 2 methods which i still use to this day on all projects, .. 

1 - Replace any "onload" commands with javascript alternatives to load execute upon the bot loading

easily accomplished by adding a small amount of code in your UI html "meta" tag (info here in the forum regarding that)

2 - Remove ALL "Defines" .. this includes "$functions" and "commands" and place them in external files, then calling them when your bot starts,   

This makes a dramatic difference, ..

obviously you will want to encrypt the external file/s to keep from prying eyes

The second you can accomplish with a free plugin and info here from the forum,

the app in my signature uses the same plugin feel free to check it out.

Hope that helps 

Cheers

CJ

• Like 1

A few of my bots are HUGE and indeed started to cause problems, mainly with reliability and consistency,

by this i mean that it got to the point that sometimes things worked and others they didnt, very annoying, 

I resolved this with the following 2 methods which i still use to this day on all projects, .. 

1 - Replace any "onload" commands with javascript alternatives to load execute upon the bot loading

easily accomplished by adding a small amount of code in your UI html "meta" tag (info here in the forum regarding that)

2 - Remove ALL "Defines" .. this includes "$functions" and "commands" and place them in external files, then calling them when your bot starts,   

Hope that helps 

Cheers

CJ

Thanks for he tips. The external include sounds like a plan, just didn't fancy having to distribute them to customers. I hope the uBot team will allow them to be compiled into the .exe in future builds.

Thanks for he tips. The external include sounds like a plan, just didn't fancy having to distribute them to customers. I hope the uBot team will allow them to be compiled into the .exe in future builds.

Np, .. and no worries we cant be too carefull ;)

If you do decide to try out the external files you should know that you can place your external files anywhere,

for example, ..

In a fancy config folder with your bot (NOT SAFE)

Hidden in another folder (appdata or other - Still NOT safe... enough)

On a web server (Pretty safe)

I normally tend to rename my externals to "something.dll" and make them all read only. 

and also have the code decrypted within the bot itself set to a variable ready to execute.

To my knowledge UBot do something similar with a command called "include" 

but i havent tried that yet, but may be something your interested in 

either way, good luck and have fun ;)

Cheers

CJ

• 7 months later...

Hope that helps 

Cheers

CJ

Hi there,

do yo have any simple samples to follow - my bot is slow to load

The meta-tag method seems to be the simple starting point, but couldn't find any exmaples on here.

I have onloads and defines but not sure how you would debiug a "loading issue" to see what is causing the bottle neck.

I have purchased easy-crypt but I am not sure how to use it ti its full effectiveness in terms of speeding up the loading process?

Any help appreciated.

Mark

Edited by welby
  • Like 1

Hi there,

do yo have any simple samples to follow - my bot is slow to load

The meta-tag method seems to be the simple starting point, but couldn't find any exmaples on here.

I have onloads and defines but not sure how you would debiug a "loading issue" to see what is causing the bottle neck.

I have purchased easy-crypt but I am not sure how to use it ti its full effectiveness in terms of speeding up the loading process?

Any help appreciated.

Mark

Hi Mark, 

Apologies for the delayed reply, i dont check over here very often, ...

shoot me a PM or contact me via the contact form at my site and ill send you some extra info to help get you going ;)

Cheers

CJ