UBot Underground

"Please specify what you want to search for."

Guest turbolapp

Guest turbolapp

Any idea why I get this message on a site after I've actually I've watched the ubot populate my search and then click "find"?

In other words, The site removes my scripted search and then gives me that error.  ???

Guest turbolapp

Update: Seth suggested that the problem was the results ("find") button. The way I had chosen the attribute, it wasn't sending the script to the right place to click the button. He suggested choosing by position, even though there's the possibility of it moving later on down the road or outer html with the * and wildcards. The first solution worked but it brought out really weird results (changed other fields) the second worked perfectly but (...and here's why I'm responding to myself in this post  ;D...) why? I want to make sure I understand why this stuff works, not just how it works so what did the outer html wildcard do exactly?

Hi Turbo! Welcome!

I have not seen your code, so I am stumbling around in the dark a bit.

(Yeah, I have heard the jokes about my sex life being like that, and they hit too close to home, thank you)

Anyhow....

Choosing a button by outerhtml seems to me like a recipe to failure. Especially with wildcards, the odds are high that the same code can be found several times on the site. That way, uBot might have been lead to a different button and clicked it happily, although in vain.

::emp::