UBot Underground

Greetings,

Total noob here. This is my first post, so go easy on me.

I followed some tutorials and started messing around with a lot of the basics. Everything seems pretty straightforward. One thing I am having trouble figuring out is how to get a handle on/load/display a specific thread. I noticed that, when opening new browsers in new threads, it creates those thumbnails on the right side. But suppose the threads are running invisibly? Or suppose you have 1000 threads running? How could you programmatically display (or make visible) a specific thread? While automation is the goal, there are times when human intervention is required - and it is necessary that I give the user the option to load a specific browser/thread.

I have not seen a way to assign an ID to a thread, aside from perhaps creating a local variable and maybe storing that same value in a global list or some other data structure. Even still, I have not come across any way to display that browser thread based on that ID.

Am I missing something here? Or does this functionality not exist in UBot? Seems like pretty basic functionality.

Thanks!

No, there is no way to select a specific thread. But you can send a message to the user from within a thread.
So there is no logic to control them from the outside, but from the inside.

Dan

Thanks for the reply. Is there a clever workaround to this? Please take a look at my theoretical example.

Suppose you are running just 10 threads, running invisibly. The UI updates on the main screen to indicate the status of each thread. For example:

1. Logging in

2. Logging in

3. Posting message

4. Logging in

5. Solving Captcha

6. Posting message

7. Verifying email

8. Creating Account

9. Logging in

10. Posting Message

Suppose the user notices that one of the threads hangs - it hasn't updated for a while, or for what ever reason, they want to go in and physically see what's going on. Is there a way to load, for example, thread 4 into a visible browser that the user can interact with?

Could one techniquie perhaps be to use a windows function to load an instance of IE with the thread's URL/session/cookie data? Could that work? It seems to me that a basic function of ANY bot would be the ability for the user to manually go into that thread at any time. How is everybody else accomplishing this?

Thanks for the reply. Is there a clever workaround to this? Please take a look at my theoretical example.

Suppose you are running just 10 threads, running invisibly. The UI updates on the main screen to indicate the status of each thread. For example:

1. Logging in

2. Logging in

3. Posting message

4. Logging in

5. Solving Captcha

6. Posting message

7. Verifying email

8. Creating Account

9. Logging in

10. Posting Message

Suppose the user notices that one of the threads hangs - it hasn't updated for a while, or for what ever reason, they want to go in and physically see what's going on. Is there a way to load, for example, thread 4 into a visible browser that the user can interact with?

Could one techniquie perhaps be to use a windows function to load an instance of IE with the thread's URL/session/cookie data? Could that work? It seems to me that a basic function of ANY bot would be the ability for the user to manually go into that thread at any time. How is everybody else accomplishing this?

No, that's not possible. You just automate that. If an account fails. Just move to the next one. Build error checks into the defines itself. So that it can auto-correct itself. Without user interaction.

At the end, account creation and mass posting is a numbers game. Depending on your goals and what you want to do. But why does it matter if a couple of accounts and postings fail? 

Just look at tools like SeNuke. They post to hundreds of sites. And every time, some sites fail. But who cares? As long as it still posts to enough sites it's just fine.

I would just write it to a log file. And tell the user, that account34 failed to post the message. And then give them the ability to try it again.

But without knowing exactly what you want to do, it's hard to help you further. 

Dan

I was just using account creation / forum posting as an example. The reality is, within my software, there comes a point where human intervention is absolutely required. Automation helps significantly, but at some point, the user must go into the thread and complete the task manually.

There must be a way to view a specific thread - it doesn't make sense that the only way to interact with the threads manually is by using the thumbnails on the right of the screen. So if you have 20 threads, you have to search through each thumbnail to find the right one?

UBot seems like an impressive piece of software so far - it's hard to imagine that there isn't a way to accomplish this - or least have a workaround.

I was just using account creation / forum posting as an example. The reality is, within my software, there comes a point where human intervention is absolutely required. Automation helps significantly, but at some point, the user must go into the thread and complete the task manually.

There must be a way to view a specific thread - it doesn't make sense that the only way to interact with the threads manually is by using the thumbnails on the right of the screen. So if you have 20 threads, you have to search through each thumbnail to find the right one?

UBot seems like an impressive piece of software so far - it's hard to imagine that there isn't a way to accomplish this - or least have a workaround.

I'm using ubot since almost 5 years now.. And a lot of times you will think... "it would be very nice if..." But.. well :-)

Maybe you should talk to Pash. He has some nice plugins to alter the behavior of ubot studio. Not sure if he's able to do something like this with a plugin.

Dan

set(#read threadlocator,$read file("test.txt"),"Global")
loop while($comparison(#threadLocator,"!=","stop")) {
    wait(4)
    set(#read threadlocator,$find regular expression($read file("test.txt"),".+"),"Global")
    if($comparison(#read threadlocator,"=","login")) {
        then {
            set(#log in actions here,"","Global")
            alert(1)
            set(#result,"login successful","Global")
            save to file("test.txt",#result)
        }
    }
    if($comparison(#read threadlocator,"=","login successful")) {
        then {
            set(#do action_two,"here","Global")
            alert(2)
            set(#result,"action one done","Global")
        }
    }
    if($comparison(#read threadlocator,"=","action one done")) {
        then {
            set(#do action_three,"here","Global")
            alert(3)
            set(#result,"action two done","Global")
        }
    }
    if($comparison(#result,"=",$nothing)) {
        then {
            alert("something went wrong(user interaction needed!!)")
        }
    }
    set(#read threadlocator,#result,"Global")
    set(#result,"","Global")
}
save to file("test.txt","login")

this is a pretty crappy example of callback functions,that you can directly manipulate and tell the thread what actions to take,but of course you will need to have those actions defined,notice when it hits alert something went wrong,which would be the case if something that needs to be matched in order to work,is not matched,you have the option of appending the file the relevant command,then click ok to the alert,and it will continue from where you told it to go

Thanks for sharing your idea deliter.

That's what I mentioned. You can control the behavior from within the thread and ask for user input if required. Like solving a captcha for example.

But you can NOT control the threads from the outside. And select a specific thread and bring that browser window to the front. At least not with the build in functions.

Let's say you run 20browser threads. And one of them has an error. He want's to bring that browser to the foreground, so that the user see's what's going on and can manually change stuff. 

But this is not possible.

But the thread can ask for user input in case something is missing. Yes, that's possible. But that wasn't what he was asking for.

Dan

Thanks for sharing your idea deliter.

That's what I mentioned. You can control the behavior from within the thread and ask for user input if required. Like solving a captcha for example.

But you can NOT control the threads from the outside. And select a specific thread and bring that browser window to the front. At least not with the build in functions.

Let's say you run 20browser threads. And one of them has an error. He want's to bring that browser to the foreground, so that the user see's what's going on and can manually change stuff. 

But this is not possible.

But the thread can ask for user input in case something is missing. Yes, that's possible. But that wasn't what he was asking for.

Dan

my bad

what a waste of time writing up that example :(

my bad

what a waste of time writing up that example :(

No, it wasn't a waste of time! It will definately help someone. The forum never forgets. So keep up the good work and keep sharing your knowledge. 

I didn't want to demotivate you! 

Dan