UBot Underground

Hi guys,

I'm building a bot that will go and scrape a google page and put all of the links on the page into a list, and then allow the user to provide a list of their urls and keywords.

I want the bot to compare the lists (the list of scraped urls against the list of user provided urls) to see #1, if any of the user urls are in the scraped url list, and #2, to note the position of the user urls within that list.

I just can't seem to get a grasp on it.

So if the google search creates a list like this:

1- domain.com

2- otherdoman.com

3- moredomain.com

4- dodoman.com

5- roroman.com

and the user has provided a list of domains like this:

1- udomain1.com

2-dodoman.com

3-udomain3.com

Then the bot should find dodoman.com and note that it is currently in the #4 position.

Can anyone help me get on track with this?

all you need is a function  that will return the position of an url, from a list of them stored in a list.

build the return function first, then just pass the users input as a parameter into the function each time. Thats one way to do it.

GoGetta, you're a Rock Star and I appreciate the help!

It's not working for me as is, but I'll probably be able to tweak on it a bit to get it moving in my direction. I honestly didn't know where to even start on it.

Thanks again.

GoGetta - If you happen to come back to this page, could you give me details on the code below?

add list to list(%list_b, $find regular expression(#list_b, "[a-zA-Z0-9\\-]*\\.[a-zA-Z]\{2,4\}"), "Delete", "Global")

This appears to be the sticking point... Nothing is being added into list b

GoGetta - If you happen to come back to this page, could you give me details on the code below?

add list to list(%list_b, $find regular expression(#list_b, "[a-zA-Z0-9\\-]*\\.[a-zA-Z]\{2,4\}"), "Delete", "Global")

This appears to be the sticking point... Nothing is being added into list b

Yeah, that was  to match only the root domain when comparing to the next list item in a. I'll be the first to admit that I am not to good with regex. I used the regex cause  I wasn't to sure if you wanted to match a domain even if the url was a subpage. If it doesn't matter you dont need to use regex for this.

But take a look at this.

http://www.regular-expressions.info/wordboundaries.html

When I tested it with the example you provided above it worked. 

Here it is again without using regex, but the list b can't contain any subpages or it wont match the current a item.

match lists.ubot

Give this a try:

Edit: improved it now a bit

http\:\/\/(www\.|)[\-\.\;\:\%\&\=\+\$\,\w+@]+[a-zA-Z\.]{2,4}+(\/[\-\.\#\?\;\:\%\&\=\+\$\,\w+@]+|)

I don't have ubot open though so while it should work if it doesn't let me know.

Didn't work for me, but I might just be doing it wrong. I pasted your string directly into the find-regular-expression box and got an error.

I can't begin to tell you guys how much I appreciate all of the help you're giving.

Didn't work for me, but I might just be doing it wrong. I pasted your string directly into the find-regular-expression box and got an error.

I can't begin to tell you guys how much I appreciate all of the help you're giving.

Okay here it is in Ubot friendly mode:

http\:\/\/[\-\+\.\;\:\%\&\=\$\,\w\@]+[a-zA-Z\.]{2,4}(\/[\-\+\.\#\?\;\:\%\&\=\$\,\w\@]+|)

Wow! Perfect and smooth!

Thanks so much for all of the help. You guys went above and beyond, and I deeply appreciate it.

Gogetta - Thanks so much.

HelloInsomnia - Thank you man... This was really kicking my butt.