UBot Underground

Scraping elements from JavaScript/AJAX scrolled page

Hi, all.

I need to scrape results from a page, that load necessary elements on scrolling. I know the id of the element, that appears at the bottom of the page after several "scrolls", so it seems to me, that I should use "run javascript", "wait for an element" or "focus".

However, I've tried several receipts from this forum, but none of them worked.

In particular, I've tried the script 

window.scrollTo(0,document.body.scrollHeight);

which was suggested several times in this forum (here, here and here). It didn't help. I saw neither scrolling no parsed elements.

More sophisticated trick based on the same idea didn't work either. Here it is:

loop(100) {
wait(1)
run javascript("window.scrollBy(0,50); // horizontal and vertical scroll increments
scrolldelay = setTimeout(\'pageScroll()\',100); // scrolls every 100 milliseconds")
wait(1)

I've found a mention of a method scrollIntoView()from this comment on StackOverflow, but I'm not sure how to implement it in Ubot.

Can anyone help me?

This is the exact code I used in one of my bots:       (Just copy and paste it :) )

run javascript("window.scrollBy(0,500); // horizontal and vertical scroll increments
scrolldelay = setTimeout(\'pageScroll()\',100); // scrolls every 100 milliseconds")
Edited by ptrick125
  • Like 1

(Just copy and paste it  :) )

run javascript("window.scrollBy(0,500); // horizontal and vertical scroll increments

scrolldelay = setTimeout(\'pageScroll()\',100); // scrolls every 100 milliseconds"

)

I'm not sure, where to copy/paste that, so I've done it this way (see attachment):

post-11567-0-60734400-1379579069_thumb.png

An it still doesn't work  :(

Maybe I was following the advices about JavaScript wrong way all the time?  :unsure: