UBot Underground

How do i save what i download to a folder instead of a file

i am. but the thing is in the file download node or whatever...i have to choose a file to save the download to, i don't understand why, but i can't just save the download to a folder instead. when i try to i get an error when running the script saying it couldn't download

no i've successfully downloaded the page before, so that command is correct.

the problem is it only works when i save the file as a file that already existed.

in the download file node it asks for the url and the file, i have to select a file to save the download to for some reason. when i do this it works fine.

but i don't want to have to do that 250 a day.

i want to download the file into a folder, but it won't even let me pick a folder, i have to pick a file then erase the file so only the folder in showing like this:

user/documents/ubots/blank.xml becomes user/documents/ubots/

when i try the second one i get an error that it can't download, and i know it won't download because it doesn't have pre-picked file to save to

the problem is it only works when i save the file as a file that already existed.

The 'download file' command works even if the specified file does not physically exist.

Even when you download a file from IE, it asks you to specify a file, not a folder.

It may help if you post a screenshot of your ubot code.

here is a screen shot http://prpackets.com/working.jpgit works this way, but if i remove the jj.xml from the end it won't work.

when i make the download command the file part asks me to save something, but there is nothing to save

right i thought about that, but this isn't a zip file or something that downloads automatically, it's a xml page, if i grab the link, it would be like grabbing google.com, how would i be able to download that?

right i thought about that, but this isn't a zip file or something that downloads automatically, it's a xml page, if i grab the link, it would be like grabbing google.com, how would i be able to download that?

Not sure what you mean - your code above implies you are scraping a list of .xml URLs, not a zip file.

After you've chosen by attribute, use the $add to list command. This list will contain the list of .xml file URL's.

lol, ok

this is the page im stuck on:http://links2rss.com/convert.php

it tells me to right click the "link 1" and save the page

if i just scrape "link 1" url to file i won't be able to go back later and save the page.

i want to download the entire page as a .xml file and upload it to my own domain.

you know like when you go in your browser click "save page as" and download a firefox page...

i can only do this if i download from the "link 1" part

if i scrape the url i won't be able to download the page only open it, but that won't do me any good.

you see what im saying? if i collect the url how will i then "save page as"?

but if i right click and save link as its just like going into my browser and clicking "save page as".

if i scrape the url it will just be a url to a page, but a page i can no longer download

Here you go man, a working example that does the following:

Visits the page where you need to save all the feeds

Scrapes that pages XML urls & adds them to a list

Downloads each XML file from the list of URLs AND dynamically creates the file names for them

If you have any questions, let me know.

P.S. - It will save the file to "my documents" with the file name 1.xml

If there were 3 urls to download, they would be saved as:

1.xml

2.xml

3.xml

etc, etc, etc.

It uses an incremented variable as the file name to save. You'll see when you download the example & check out the source code.

Example.ubot

• Like 1