UBot Underground

WTB: Website Directory Category Selector Subroutine

Now that's a mouthful! If anyone has started on a subroutine that will allow a user to select from a drop down menu a website directory category selection ,i'd like to purchase it. I'd prefer it to work :) I've got a ton of projects going on right now and purchasing this subroutine will help go along way for my bot integration. This is for specifically the phplinkdirectory software.

Take this url for example: http://www.abcnetdirectory.com/submit.php

I'm focusing on just the category selection element. I'd like to have the user preselect up to 4 choices in the UI so that when my bot goes out, it'll look for those 4 categories (check 1, if one exists use that, if not, check 2...) and then select it in the drop down.

PM with offers - thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I was just working on a phpLD bot tonight. Can't help you with any sub routines, here's what I've done: I made something that can scrape the shopping category of any directory. I scrape the category # and submit URL. I create a validation pull down list of the category #'s in an Excel workbook. Within Excel is where I choose the categories and export everything as a .csv file. Now I use the pre-selected .csv file data to log in with the category I want selected.

What's nice about this method is I can save ALL the (say) "Antique" categories as sort of a template, so once I've chose it, I don't have to repeat the process.

I like that Biks. What I have been doing is the LONG way. creating a UI List and a million If statements! lol

But, if you want one I will make it for you cervant. I've gotten pretty fast at copying and pasting a kajillion statements! lol (I made myself one with 250 category choices...but it works!)

Just FYI...That site has 507 choices in the category dropdown!http://ubotstudio.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif

You can scrape the categories of the site using: PAGE SCRAPE "<OPTION label" "</OPTION>".

Then you can take a list of comma separated keywords inputted by the user(home,cooking,clothing). Check if one of the categories has in its name one of the keywords entered by the user. If it does then scrape the value for that category, and set the CATEGORY_ID elements value to that value.

tada. Just make sure the user enters a keyword which is present in the dropdown list. Do I need to make an example?

The problem, meter, is that this particular drop down menu does not accept any keystrokes (with the exception being the down arrow) so as far as I can see it would still require if/then statements for every possible choice.