UBot Underground

keyword ranking bot

I'm trying to make my own keyword ranking bot. (type in the keyword and the url and bot tells me the ranking number)

I've actually already built it but it's not working properly. The reason is because I've been unable to figure out how to get the bot to match the url properly. So for example if I'm searching for the google site ranking of "blue widgets" I enter in mysite.com. When I manually look at google I can see it there ranking at number 11 but my bot just skims by it because I can't figure out how to get it to understand that mysite.com/blue-widgets.html suffices as a result for mysite.com.

So my problem is google could be pulling any random page from my site and ranking for my keywords but how do I get the bot to pick up on that?

(attaching bot)

SERP.ubot

Thanks that took care of it. The comments were a nice touch. FYI, The reason I'm having it skip the first page of results in there because my problem with all the SERP checkers out there was it was pulling the website as first page ranking if it's showing up in google local business listings so it was interfering with the organic results of the websites that might actually be on page 3 regardless if it's on first page for the map. Which is why I made this bot. Thought you'de like to know, since you were probably like WTF? Thanks again.

Thanks that took care of it. The comments were a nice touch. FYI, The reason I'm having it skip the first page of results in there because my problem with all the SERP checkers out there was it was pulling the website as first page ranking if it's showing up in google local business listings so it was interfering with the organic results of the websites that might actually be on page 3 regardless if it's on first page for the map. Which is why I made this bot. Thought you'de like to know, since you were probably like WTF? Thanks again.

Thanks,

I noticed the business listings on one search and the results didn't match up, makes sense now.

Just enter your URL like "mysite.com" no "http://www." or sub-domain.

Also, it won't work for sites that end with more than one dot in them like .co.uk

If you need to search for sub-domains or sites like.co.uk

I just made a bot with the help of webautomationlab and posted it here:

http://ubotstudio.com/forum/index.php?/topic/3149-scraping-top-level-url-from-yahoo-site-explorer/page__view__findpost__p__10539