UBot Underground

splitting text into variables?

Well, here you go guys (I've attached the source code) :) Don't mind the messy code, I was kind of throwing things together in an effort to get this done quickly.

If you've got any questions, let me know.

thanks a lot man. I'll check it out when i get home. ur the man!

Very interesting... I've wondered what the purpose of having multiple sub parameters was and I see you have both #blog posts and #delimiter as sub params for $list from text. What exactly does that do? I'm definitely going to learn something useful from this even though I don't have a need for this function at the moment. =)

Jonathan

Very interesting... I've wondered what the purpose of having multiple sub parameters was and I see you have both #blog posts and #delimiter as sub params for $list from text. What exactly does that do? I'm definitely going to learn something useful from this even though I don't have a need for this function at the moment. =)

Jonathan

The #delimiter was actually going to be used as another input on the UI (which I forgot to add in). I was going to set it up so that you could change the delimiter "on the fly" via the UI. I ended up forgetting to do that, so #delimiter is just set up by default as "<hr>"

btw I'm seeing "hr." at the top of each paragraph after the first one when they're submitted into wordcounttool...

Jonathan

My reply:

The one thing you'll notice it's doing, is just using < as the delimiter, and is then including the hr. (the . is the lowercase version of >). So, you might have to use a one character delimiter (like only the < for example) and then it would work perfectly (I think, I'm not entirely sure this is what you were looking for).

Ah that's right, I'd seen your note about the hr. but forgot about it.

I'm still not clear on what happens when you put two sub params into a node. It appears that the $list from text node is getting the text to process from #blog posts, but how does it know what #delimiter is for? I must be missing something simple...

Jonathan

Ah that's right, I'd seen your note about the hr. but forgot about it.

I'm still not clear on what happens when you put two sub params into a node. It appears that the $list from text node is getting the text to process from #blog posts, but how does it know what #delimiter is for? I must be missing something simple...

Jonathan

Alright, here is how it works:

You first select "Add to List"

Then, it wants to know what list it's adding to, and what it is adding.

For the "what is it adding" you select "list from text" which brings up a new dialog box. That "parameters box" wants to know two things:

What text it's adding (which it's pulling from the UI input box, whose variable is called #blog posts) and it wants to know what the delimiter is for the text you're adding (which is where the #delimiter variable comes in. #delimiter is set to "<hr>")

If you'd like to see it on teamviewer, let me know. It might make more sense. Very simplistically, it looks like this:

Add to List > List from Text > (enter text = #blog posts) + delimiter of said text = #delimiter