UBot Underground

weird happenings when looping custom commands

I was wondering if anyone else has noticed any kind of problems with their bots when they loop a custom command. The command works fine when run once but causes the browser to lock up if its an a loop, even if its on the first run. On another bot it just wont do what its supposed to in a variety of different ways. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced anything like this. Thanks.

If you are running local commands within your defines check that they are working when set to local, as I have sent a bug report to support highlighting local commands that work when set to global, but fail when set to local,

I'm still awaiting a reply

Local commands within defines? Not catching you here zap (do you mean variables instead?)

RAT:

Your problem as defined is too general. Reason why I say this is that I would think that if this were the case, everyone on here would be having a problem. Most people run bots in loops and they do call custom commands.

So its likely something you are doing wrong in the loop to cause this. Best way to do this is to debug your code. Do this by placing alert boxes in the loop at various points:

define MyCustomCommand {
 alert("At start of custom command")
 blah1
 blah2
 alert("Before blah 3")
 blah3
 alert("At end of custom command")
}

alert("At start of loop")
loop(3) {
 blah1
 alert("Before calling MyCustomCommand")
 MyCustomCommand()
 alert("After calling MyCustomCommand")
 blah3
}
alert("At end of loop")

(do you mean variables instead?)

Yes sorry my wording was incorrect

What I discovered is if you phase part of a webpage (like a form) using the "page scrape" command.

Followed by the "replace" command followed by two "find by regex" commands all stacked within one node to find a "value"

And then pass that value, to a change "check box" or "click" element, it works with the "run node" command in the global setting but fails with the local setting when you use the run node command,

However it works if you click the main run script command, so there is a clear problem here

Local commands within defines? Not catching you here zap (do you mean variables instead?)

RAT:

Your problem as defined is too general. Reason why I say this is that I would think that if this were the case, everyone on here would be having a problem. Most people run bots in loops and they do call custom commands.

So its likely something you are doing wrong in the loop to cause this. Best way to do this is to debug your code. Do this by placing alert boxes in the loop at various points:

define MyCustomCommand {
 alert("At start of custom command")
 blah1
 blah2
 alert("Before blah 3")
 blah3
 alert("At end of custom command")
}

alert("At start of loop")
loop(3) {
 blah1
 alert("Before calling MyCustomCommand")
 MyCustomCommand()
 alert("After calling MyCustomCommand")
 blah3
}
alert("At end of loop")

Thanks for the reply and the advice. I'm not quite sure how alerts would help though. Maybe just because I am not familiar with using them. In this particular case I am running a new hot mail acconut creator that then sets up forwarding to another email address. If its run as a single cycle in the loop it runs fine. But as soon as it is set to multiple cycles it doesnt make it through the first loop. I get a variety of errors such as not being able to connect to the captcha service or the browser simply gets stuck at the main hotmail screen. Again always in the first cycle. So I dont see how its a problem within the loop. And again I'm not sure where are what alerts to set that help me debug this.

you use alerts to help follow the path of execution to help determine where the problem lies

I understand but the there is no problem in the path of execution of a single cycle. There is only a problem on the first cycle when there is more than one cycle in the loop.

Ok so here's the deal. You are working in generalities and leaving out the important details.

The way you worded your problem in the first post suggested Ubot has a problem in loop handling after the first cycle. In particular, when it runs a custom command that invokes the browser, you said it locked up. And as I mentioned, if that were the only clues given to us, 99% of Ubot owners would be having this problem. In fact, we all would be having our bots crash on this kind of code:

define MyCustomCommand {
 loop(5) {
   navigate("http://www.yahoo.com/", "Wait")
 }
}
MyCustomCommand()
}

That piece of code fits the description to the scene of the crime, doesn't it? It loops. It calls a custom command. It calls the browser. Does it crash? No. If it did, this forum would be flooded with the same type of question.

So you are presenting to us a problem to which you have classified as being of this general type. But you left out the details. Red herrings suck. When presenting programming problems, always describe your problem in specifics. The more clues one gets, the better we can put two and two together to figure this out.

You say you are creating a email account creator that forwards email, has errors in captcha, and locks up after the first iteration? This is more useful clues.

Isn't this a whole different set of circumstances? Unlike the code above, it isn't just navigating to a website. Its a lot of other steps in between that have both external and internal factors involved. We have to weigh those too.

That you are developing an email account creator on a website, is a very important clue you left out.

Consider these:

1) Clear your cookies within the loop to avoid letting the website track you every visit.

2) Are you using a proxy? You should. Especially if you have an account creator.

3) Already using a proxy? Then the one's you are using suck. Replace them with private high speed proxies to reduce latency.

4) Are you visiting the site with the same user agent every time? Change it on every loops cycle.

5) Browser locking up? Could it be because you are choking it with too many bot commands too fast? Let it breathe. Put in wait commands to slow it down.

6) Don't know where the error lies? Insert temporary alerts to probe the execution path. Use the debugger window to look at global variable state. Remove them when you pin pointed the problem.

• Like 1

Ok so here's the deal. You are working in generalities and leaving out the important details.

The way you worded your problem in the first post suggested Ubot has a problem in loop handling after the first cycle. In particular, when it runs a custom command that invokes the browser, you said it locked up. And as I mentioned, if that were the only clues given to us, 99% of Ubot owners would be having this problem. In fact, we all would be having our bots crash on this kind of code:

define MyCustomCommand {
 loop(5) {
   navigate("http://www.yahoo.com/", "Wait")
 }
}
MyCustomCommand()
}

That piece of code fits the description to the scene of the crime, doesn't it? It loops. It calls a custom command. It calls the browser. Does it crash? No. If it did, this forum would be flooded with the same type of question.

So you are presenting to us a problem to which you have classified as being of this general type. But you left out the details. Red herrings suck. When presenting programming problems, always describe your problem in specifics. The more clues one gets, the better we can put two and two together to figure this out.

You say you are creating a email account creator that forwards email, has errors in captcha, and locks up after the first iteration? This is more useful clues.

Isn't this a whole different set of circumstances? Unlike the code above, it isn't just navigating to a website. Its a lot of other steps in between that have both external and internal factors involved. We have to weigh those too.

That you are developing an email account creator on a website, is a very important clue you left out.

Consider these:

1) Clear your cookies within the loop to avoid letting the website track you every visit.

2) Are you using a proxy? You should. Especially if you have an account creator.

3) Already using a proxy? Then the one's you are using suck. Replace them with private high speed proxies to reduce latency.

4) Are you visiting the site with the same user agent every time? Change it on every loops cycle.

5) Browser locking up? Could it be because you are choking it with too many bot commands too fast? Let it breathe. Put in wait commands to slow it down.

6) Don't know where the error lies? Insert temporary alerts to probe the execution path. Use the debugger window to look at global variable state. Remove them when you pin pointed the problem.

Thanks for that in depth response with so much valuable knowledge. While I did generalize i was not designed to be vague. Rather since the problem is not only with this bot I was wondering if anyone had experienced a similar issue and had any knowledge on how they solved it. I will apply every tool you've given and see if I cannot find a solution.