UBot Underground

I am using the scrape attribute file to scrape information from a website and save it to a list

However, the issue I am running into is the scraped data is populating the list as one item.

So, when I try to call the information using the next item function it is populating the field with all of the items scraped from the previous scraped attribute function as just 1 item.

So if there are 7 items scraped instead of the script seeing it as 7 items it is seeing all 7 as 1 item.

How do I get the items that are scraped to appear as separate items and not just one single item.

For instance, this is what the debugger looks like…

%scraped: 1 items

info1

info2

info3

info4

info5

info6

info7

When I save the scraped list to a file the items appear on a new line. so my guess would be that the program should read each item as a separate item. However, it is reading all of the items as one item.

I have also tried saving the list to a file and then calling that file using the add list to list function and I am running into the same issue.

Hopefully my description of this make sense :-)

I had the same problem, it's holding all the data as 1 item.

The solution I use :

define save_Add_delete {
   save to file("{$special folder("Application")}/list.txt", %list_name)
   comment("Saves list to application Folder")
   add list to list(%new_list, $list from file("{$special folder("Application")}/list.txt"), "Delete", "Global")
   comment("Adds to a new list, this time each line is a list item.")
   delete file("{$special folder("Application")}/list.txt")
   comment("Deletes the transition file, you don\'t need it, but sometimes its worth doing")
}

A quick trip into ubot, this works also and is a lot less time

add list to list(%list_to_add_to, $page scrape("what to scrape left side", "right side"), "Delete", "Global")