UBot Underground

How to get files from folder in variable.

Hello I've just noticed that "get files" command isn't listed in Standard version so i've noticed a workaround.Dont know if its already posted but I've just tested it and its working like a charm.

Create a batch file with the following line:

"dir /s /b  __folderhere__"   Be careful with the spaces!

For example i'm using it to get filenames+directory of pictures I downloaded from pinterest:

"dir /s /b  c:\users\__username__\desktop\pinterest"

The above line gets results like the following:

c:\users\__username__\desktop\pinterest\0653abdf6013c822a97187c612f2a518.jpg
c:\users\__username__\desktop\pinterest\0ed795476a4df6df2aa11f7acd77034a.jpg
c:\users\__username__\desktop\pinterest\142dff6563856a954fd9f0db7d10655d.jpg

The next step is to execute the batch and get the results in a variable. Im using UbotDev's plugin which is super cool and its free.

set(#shell, $plugin function("Advanced Shell.dll", "$shell batch hidden", "{$special folder("Desktop")}/batch.bat"), "Global")  My batch file is named "batch.bat" and its located on the desktop.

Thats it!

Note: if you are using Windows XP you should replace the batch file so it looks like this:

"dir /s /b  c:\Documents and Settings\__username__\desktop\pinterest" thats if you want to use a folder located on your desktop.

Note2: In the attachment you can see a slight problem which is the first line containing the command, but this can be fixed easly.

UbotDev's super cool plugin:

Have fun.

post-10549-0-03231600-1383393822_thumb.jpg

• 5 years later...

Hello I've just noticed that "get files" command isn't listed in Standard version so i've noticed a workaround.Dont know if its already posted but I've just tested it and its working like a charm.

Create a batch file with the following line:

"dir /s /b  __folderhere__"   Be careful with the spaces!

For example i'm using it to get filenames+directory of pictures I downloaded from pinterest:

"dir /s /b  c:\users\__username__\desktop\pinterest"

The above line gets results like the following:

c:\users\__username__\desktop\pinterest\0653abdf6013c822a97187c612f2a518.jpg
c:\users\__username__\desktop\pinterest\0ed795476a4df6df2aa11f7acd77034a.jpg
c:\users\__username__\desktop\pinterest\142dff6563856a954fd9f0db7d10655d.jpg

The next step is to execute the batch and get the results in a variable. Im using UbotDev's plugin which is super cool and its free.

set(#shell, $plugin function("Advanced Shell.dll", "$shell batch hidden", "{$special folder("Desktop")}/batch.bat"), "Global")  My batch file is named "batch.bat" and its located on the desktop.

Thats it!

Note: if you are using Windows XP you should replace the batch file so it looks like this:

"dir /s /b  c:\Documents and Settings\__username__\desktop\pinterest" thats if you want to use a folder located on your desktop.

Note2: In the attachment you can see a slight problem which is the first line containing the command, but this can be fixed easly.

UbotDev's super cool plugin:

Have fun.

Hi, any chance you could send me the plugin mentioned as the developers site is down :)???