UBot Underground

Loop help in 3.5

I'm not having much success with Ubot 4 so have returned to my amazon bot in 3.5 to see if I can, at least finish that. I'm trying to scrape and save the numbers of search results after inputting keywords from a file.

As far as I can see, there are 3 possible result types that Amazon might return:

Showing 1 - 16 of 6,883 Results

Showing 1 result

did not match any products

So, I've set an if then else so it looks for each of those types with page search and then sets a variable and saves the result when it finds them.

The first type is working fine.

If "Showing 1 result" is found I've told it to set the variable, content "1". It doesn't save this.

If "did not match any products" is found I've told it to set the variable, content "REMOVE". It doesn't save this.

If, however, I do each one individually and save the result to a list and then to a text file they all work.

If I loop through 5 keywords, 3 in the first eg and 1 in each of the other egs, it will save the results that are in the first example eg "Showing 1 - 16 of 6,883 Results" but it won't save the "1" or "REMOVE".

Would someone be willing to take a quick a look at the bot for me and tell me where I'm going wrong?

If so, please pm me.

Thanks

Gillian

Gillian, I sent you a PM with the results.

John

Hi John

I can't find the PM anywhere. The number above my name and to the right of my avatar is 0. the instructions say "select your username while logged in from the top corner of any page, and then press "Messenger"."

But I don't see "Messenger" anywhere. How do I get to my PM's? :huh:

Thanks

Gillian

Hi John

I can't find the PM anywhere. The number above my name and to the right of my avatar is 0. the instructions say "select your username while logged in from the top corner of any page, and then press "Messenger"."

But I don't see "Messenger" anywhere. How do I get to my PM's? :huh:

Thanks

Gillian

Hi John

Still received no PM from you and also not able to send one to you as it is greyed out on your profile. Have a ticket into support about it but if you read this, could you try and PM me again?

thanks

Gillian