UBot Underground

Is it possible to kill bots after the first run

Hi guys -

just wondering if there is a way to kill bots after the first run -

what I am wanting to do is give a freebie to my list - but I will continue to update the bot - so what I do is use Andys Net66 protect script so I can update on the fly - however this will require all users having a licence -

licences are auto generated when users buy however as I will be giving it for free I was wondering if I could create a small bot which will open a subwindow - it will create a licence for the user and then delete itself -

I looked at the delete folder command but of course this isnt possible if the bot is open - I could maybe have the bot open, create a licence then auto start another bot which will delete the folder containing the licence creator bot however im not sure how to make the bot auto close either -

if anyone knows a workaround then it would be great

thanks

abs

Hi Abs,

I am beta testing something in Protect Gold that might help toward this. I can send you the beta version if you like (just don't use it for live bots just yet).

Its a feature a bit like the trial feature but it enables users to put the keyword 'free' instead which will generate a 'free license' on the fly. You can then use the auto update feature, etc. Free is different from the trial system as it doesn't prevent users re-installing or moving the license from PC to PC.

I'll email you about it now. I am happy for other Protect Gold users to have this beta too but only on the understanding that I cannot give it the level of support I do usually, if there are bugs in it I cannot guarantee a time-line for fixes, etc.

You can run this beta alongside the last stable version so you can use the stable one for your existing bots.

Andy

Hi Andy

thanks alot - That would be perfect - Been trying all sorts to figure out how to get this done and should you have not replied then poor old scott my assistant would have had a hell of a time manually creating licences

Thanks once again

Abs

Just wanted to update the thread and make a note that Andy has done it again :) - Hes come up with a way whereby users are able to register the licences themselves while allowing me to keep the user details - This has now eliminated the need of looking for a workaround by killing the bot - Not to mention that I am still able to auto update and keep the script protected

Thanks Andy

Abs