UBot Underground

UI List Box help please?

Hello!

I want to use a list box for a simple little program I am making but am at a stand still in understanding how to put it to use.

My idea was simple, to make a bot that takes keyword text and a url and makes an anchored link. I have it so it can either do it in html or bb code. The problem is that i use a ui list box to choose from either of the two, but I can't figure out how to make the selection work.

I tried to give each list box item a variable and call it later in the function. To test this I set the variables to go to google or aol, this way if I select one of them and hit run it will go to either google or aol, based on which I have selected. (this was only for testing!)

However it does not work :(

here is the bot: Anchor Maker.ubot

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated! :D

Thank you Super Dave! You are the Man! Thank you for taking the time to even write some comments in the code to aid me, that is just straight up coolness in my book. B)

Using list boxes has confused me since getting ubot so I have avoided using them, but now I understand what must be done!

Now all I need to learn is the rules to apply to working with .txt lists and csv lists and I'll be set to make all the bots I'll ever need. I have come a long way in thinking programmatic (logarithmically?)thanks to this community. I really love it, I wish there was a proper "thanks" button here!!! :)

Hope this helps..

Thank you Super Dave! You are the Man! Thank you for taking the time to even write some comments in the code to aid me, that is just straight up coolness in my book. B)

Using list boxes has confused me since getting ubot so I have avoided using them, but now I understand what must be done!

Now all I need to learn is the rules to apply to working with .txt lists and csv lists and I'll be set to make all the bots I'll ever need. I have come a long way in thinking programmatic (logarithmically?)thanks to this community. I really love it, I wish there was a proper "thanks" button here!!! :)

Yes Dave...That IS super cool! Thank you!

John

• 1 year later...