UBot Underground

Error Messages loop endlessly

Just trying to do something that should be simple. That is, split a string into a list and put one element into the UI.

It turns out to be quite complicated to get something so simple done.

The biggest headache is that I'm getting an error message that won't go away. It just keeps on popping up endlessly, so I can't even edit the code. If I'm fast enough I can shut down Ubot before the error message reappears but that is pretty pointless.

The error showing is "You have exceeded the range of the list..." "Continue" "Stop Script".

No matter which option I choose it just repeats the message again.

There are no loops in my script.

Just trying to do something that should be simple. That is, split a string into a list and put one element into the UI.

It turns out to be quite complicated to get something so simple done.

The biggest headache is that I'm getting an error message that won't go away. It just keeps on popping up endlessly, so I can't even edit the code. If I'm fast enough I can shut down Ubot before the error message reappears but that is pretty pointless.

The error showing is "You have exceeded the range of the list..." "Continue" "Stop Script".

No matter which option I choose it just repeats the message again.

There are no loops in my script.

Here are the rules for reporting Bugs: http://ubotstudio.com/forum/index.php?/topic/4906-bug-reports-without-reproduction-instructions-will-be-deleted/

we need to see a script that reproduces the error, or specific instructions on how to reproduce it.

A small script demonstrating the specific issue would be great.

Here are the rules for reporting Bugs: http://ubotstudio.com/forum/index.php?/topic/4906-bug-reports-without-reproduction-instructions-will-be-deleted/

we need to see a script that reproduces the error, or specific instructions on how to reproduce it.

A small script demonstrating the specific issue would be great.

Well due to the nature of the bug I'm not sure how I could have saved an example of the code. However it would seem that Ubot is executing the code again even when the "Stop Script" option is chosen. Which of course brings up the error message again.

This is the same script (rewritten) but it doesn't generate any errors.

Actually just say what you did step by step, considering you were not able to save the script because of the endless loop and you had to close UBot. Forgot about that.

The only difference is that I'd initially set the ui stat monitor to monitor position 1 of a list when the list only contained 1 item (position 0). That generated the same error message "You have exceeded the range of the list..." "Continue" "Stop Script" and the "Stop Script" button worked.

I corrected ui stat monitor to monitor position 0 but the error message remained and both the "Continue" and "Stop Script" buttons seemed to just run the script again, generating the error again.

Hope that makes sense.

Actually just say what you did step by step, considering you were not able to save the script because of the endless loop and you had to close UBot. Forgot about that.

I've hit the same error again. This time I've managed to save the script by hitting "control S" in between error messages.

The only difference is that I'd initially set the ui stat monitor to monitor position 1 of a list when the list only contained 1 item (position 0). That generated the same error message "You have exceeded the range of the list..." "Continue" "Stop Script" and the "Stop Script" button worked.

I corrected ui stat monitor to monitor position 0 but the error message remained and both the "Continue" and "Stop Script" buttons seemed to just run the script again, generating the error again.

Hope that makes sense.

Update: I've gone back a few steps redone the same code again and this time it works again.

Earthquake-image-grabber.ubot - causes a looping error message

Earthquake-image-grabber-001.ubot - works

The offending code is setup in exactly the same way in both versions.

All that I'm trying to do is split $date into a List then use ui stat monitor to diplay an element in that list.

Earthquake-image-grabber.ubot

Earthquake-image-grabber-001.ubot