UBot Underground

Twitter Send Button

Good Evening,

i try to write a twitter bot that read a textfile with statusupdates and post it to already logged in twitter.

all is working fine, BUT i can't select the send button on twitter page, it's isabled, when i try to type in something per hand into the box, it works...

i also tryd to send a keystroke (send key) to textbox,

i also tryd to focus a different element on the page before submitting, but

it's not working :(

any tips for me, please?

Andreas

twitter-announce.ubot

and you tried the focus chosen command, send keys field chosen, changing the tags (HTML, A, INPUT, SPAN etc etc) at the top of the right click menu to see if you can get different choosing options?

Hope this is still relevant. I know this thread is over a week old, but I didn't see a solution in it when I stumbled onto it just now..

This is what I use in a twitter bot that I've been using for awhile now (tested to work 5 minutes ago). Note: this is JUST that status update portion. This assumes that you're already logged in and on your profile screen.

Also, there's a field to enter any URL that will be shortened with bit.ly and appended to the end of your status.

Hope This Helps-

Hugo

status-update.ubot

This took me forever to figure out. Using send keys wasn't working, until I clicked pause on the script, so that wasn't an option.

So what you need to do it run the same javascript that they are using to enable the button. I use sendkeys to enter the message, then set a 2 second delay, then have a run javascript command with "$("#tweeting_button, #update-submit").removeClass("btn-disabled").removeAttr("disabled")". Then choose the tweet button and click it. Then another short delay to wait for the tweet to post before logging out.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for javascript code! I was building a Twitter auto poster tonight and got stuck in the same spot.

update: I predict this thread will rise again because Twitter has changed their interface.