UBot Underground

Trouble filling in forms w/ data from CSV

I'm having some issues pulling data from a CSV to fill in some html forms. The problem appears to be with how the CSV is being read. For example, data in a typical CSV looks like this:

row1_item1, row1_item2, row1_item3, row1_item4

row2_item1, row2_item2, row2_item3, row2_item4

row3_item1, row3_item2, row3_item3, row3_item4

I'm trying to fill in 4 form fields, but I'm getting some quirks when Ubot cycles to the 4th field. Here is what I get the first loop through for values for each field (using the sample format above as an example):

1. row1_item1

2. row1_item2

3. row1_item3

4. row1_item4 row2_item1

.....so, when it gets to the end of a row (or what should be the end), it grabs the 4th value, but also combines it with value1 from the next row. Is this because the 4th item doesn't have a comma delimiter at the end? From what I can tell, it's not standard CSV format to have a comma after the last value in each row. So, I'm a little puzzled by why it's screwing up the last item in each row.

Any tips are greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

I'm having some issues pulling data from a CSV to fill in some html forms. The problem appears to be with how the CSV is being read. For example, data in a typical CSV looks like this:

row1_item1, row1_item2, row1_item3, row1_item4

row2_item1, row2_item2, row2_item3, row2_item4

row3_item1, row3_item2, row3_item3, row3_item4

I'm trying to fill in 4 form fields, but I'm getting some quirks when Ubot cycles to the 4th field. Here is what I get the first loop through for values for each field (using the sample format above as an example):

1. row1_item1

2. row1_item2

3. row1_item3

4. row1_item4 row2_item1

.....so, when it gets to the end of a row (or what should be the end), it grabs the 4th value, but also combines it with value1 from the next row. Is this because the 4th item doesn't have a comma delimiter at the end? From what I can tell, it's not standard CSV format to have a comma after the last value in each row. So, I'm a little puzzled by why it's screwing up the last item in each row.

Any tips are greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

You need a comma delimiter to discern item 3 from item four. I don't think you need a comma after the last value. The format you have it it should be working fine, unless you are missing the comma between row1_item4 and row2_item1 somehow...?

You need a comma delimiter to discern item 3 from item four. I don't think you need a comma after the last value. The format you have it it should be working fine, unless you are missing the comma between row1_item4 and row2_item1 somehow...?

I don't think I'm missing any commas. My input file is being created by Excel (Save as > CSV), so I'm not manually inputting any commas. Excel's default CSV format is to organize things like I originally listed (no comma after the last value in a row). Since this is standard CSV formatting, I'm puzzled as to why my row1 and row2 data is getting mixed together when I put it into the form fields. Perhaps I'm just missing a Ubot command somewhere in my loop that'll solve the problem (I'm very new to Ubot still).

Thanks.

Hi vader,

I don't think I'm missing any commas. My input file is being created by Excel (Save as > CSV), so I'm not manually inputting any commas. Excel's default CSV format is to organize things like I originally listed (no comma after the last value in a row). Since this is standard CSV formatting, I'm puzzled as to why my row1 and row2 data is getting mixed together when I put it into the form fields.

Remove the spaces from the CSV file.

Perhaps I'm just missing a Ubot command somewhere in my loop that'll solve the problem (I'm very new to Ubot still).

Try this: reader.zip

• Like 1

@IRobot

Thanks a lot for that code!!...my bot is now functioning properly. :)

My code was pretty close to yours, but the one thing I was missing (which may have been the cause of my error) was the "Clear List %row" at the beginning of the loop. Can you explain why this is needed? I "assumed" that clear list would clear everything out and I'd just keep looping through Row 1 data over and over....apparently I just don't understand how clear list works.

Anyway, thanks again for providing the sample code, it was a HUGE help and big timesaver for me. Cheers!

My code was pretty close to yours, but the one thing I was missing (which may have been the cause of my error) was the "Clear List %row" at the beginning of the loop. Can you explain why this is needed? I "assumed" that clear list would clear everything out and I'd just keep looping through Row 1 data over and over....apparently I just don't understand how clear list works.

No problem mate.

The clear list %row is required because the code loops through the row items in the CSV file, and as the code uses variables to access each row item (which is a field value), the list needs to be cleared.

No problem mate.

The clear list %row is required because the code loops through the row items in the CSV file, and as the code uses variables to access each row item (which is a field value), the list needs to be cleared.

Ok, got it. Thanks.