UBot Underground

$eval in compiled bot

Hello,

I have simple bot where I set variable #test with an output of $eval: '{1}' + '2', where {1} and {2} are another variables. After setting variable #test is set as expected when I'm using UBot Dev Studio. The problem is that it doesn't work after compiling.

I tried another simple $evals but it doesn't work too. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or it's a bug.

I'm using UBot on Mac via Parallels with Windows 7 installed, .net 3.5

Help please.

----------------

Updated:

I've just found the answer after 3 hours of digging :) The answer is very simple. You have to load any page first before using javascript (like google.com)

I've just found the answer after 3 hours of digging

3 hours of digging for single problem? That sounds right on par with me.

I like to put up a desktop background of a giant middle finger. Keeps me motivated during the struggling. ;-)

I had this same problem! I spent about 4-5 hours looking through my code trying to find out why my bot was working when I ran it from UbotStudio but was not working correctly when compiled.

The problem? I was using EVAL for a simple math function near the beginning of the program, before I loaded a webpage....

Perhaps Seth should add a note about this when you scroll over the EVAL function comman with the mouse?

I had this same problem! I spent about 4-5 hours looking through my code trying to find out why my bot was working when I ran it from UbotStudio but was not working correctly when compiled.

The problem? I was using EVAL for a simple math function near the beginning of the program, before I loaded a webpage....

Perhaps Seth should add a note about this when you scroll over the EVAL function comman with the mouse?

We will just have the compiled bots navigating to a blank page when it's opened for now to combat this issue. It will be the about:blank page.

A

what does eval typically take in ubot? Can it take something like javascript expressions?

You can use JavaScript expressions as well as regular math expressions in eval in UBot Studio.