UBot Underground

Help with deleting staff members from forum member list...

Hi everyone,

I want to scrape all the forum members from the member list of a vbulletin forum but DON'T want to scrape the staff members of the forum in that list.

I already have a sub which scrapes me all the staff members into a list, but I don't get it how I can scrape the huge members list with ignoring the staff members.

I tried REPLACE and IF EVALUATE, but I really don't get it to work...

Anyone can help me with this?

I tried it this way, but there's always only the first user in my list. I really don't get it.... :blink:

http://img693.imageshack.us/img693/8213/teamue.png

http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/3042/memberse.png

You need to find a better way to choose the member profiles. Find a distinction between the staff members and the general members. Maybe try "Scrape Chosen attribute" and find an attribute about the forum members that the staff members do not have. For example: The href for staff user links might be different from the href for general forum members. In that case, you would choose by the href (with wildcards if need be) and scrape what you need.

I have the staff members already scraped in a seperate list from a staff members page.

The problem is, that the staff members are also in the regular members list.

So I'm searching for a way to compare my scraped staff member list with the regular member list I'll scrape and delete or ignore the staff members when making the regular members list...

This can be made with ubot I'm sure...but I really don't know how... :lol:

I have the staff members already scraped in a seperate list from a staff members page.

The problem is, that the staff members are also in the regular members list.

So I'm searching for a way to compare my scraped staff member list with the regular member list I'll scrape and delete or ignore the staff members when making the regular members list...

This can be made with ubot I'm sure...but I really don't know how... :lol:

Oh ok, I understand.

So you have inspired us to create a new command that will make that process very simple for you, called the "contains" command. You would be able to say "If list>contains>whatever text> then don't add or add to list". We will have it added by Monday, Tuesday at the latest.

For now, on the Staff's regular member's page, is there any indication that they are staff? Like a star or a word that says Staff? Anything like that?

So you have inspired us to create a new command that will make that process very simple for you, called the "contains" command. You would be able to say "If list>contains>whatever text> then don't add or add to list". We will have it added by Monday, Tuesday at the latest.

This would be an awesome feature! :)

The higher ranked staff members have all the same stars color, so they're easy to spot. The problem are the lower ranked staff members. They have the same stars color as the regular members, and most of them have unique titles... :(

I think it's best for me to wait for the new command... :lol:

This would be an awesome feature! :)

The higher ranked staff members have all the same stars color, so they're easy to spot. The problem are the lower ranked staff members. They have the same stars color as the regular members, and most of them have unique titles... :(

I think it's best for me to wait for the new command... :lol:

Ok, so the new command is up. You should get it in your prompt to update.

So you will scrape the list of normal members and then scrape the list for the staff. and then you are going to compare both lists and ask the script to remove the list item it finds in both lists. I have attached an example. you can use the example to try the command out until you get familiar with the process and then adapt it to what you are trying to do. To practice, create two .txt files with a list of words, all different except for one similarity (one word found in both lists). You can put those files into the script and then save the result at the end either in a new .txt file or replace one of the original files.