UBot Underground

Click Button Not being Recognized because of javascript?

I am currently trying not to pull my hair out.....

I have a diigo account and I can input all the information needed then when I try to click the "bookmark now" button, nothing is happening. I think that the button itself is javascript so ubot has no way of recognizing it. Any help would be appreciated....

I am currently trying not to pull my hair out.....

I have a diigo account and I can input all the information needed then when I try to click the "bookmark now" button, nothing is happening. I think that the button itself is javascript so ubot has no way of recognizing it. Any help would be appreciated....

Hey there,

How are you choosing the button?

Are you right clicking and choosing by the src or the href or whatever?

Or are you clicking and dragging?

Is there a small empty red box when you click and drag?

Hey there,

How are you choosing the button?

Are you right clicking and choosing by the src or the href or whatever?

Or are you clicking and dragging?

Is there a small empty red box when you click and drag?

Hi Lilly, I am using the choose/chosen way. There is only one thing to choose (the actual text). No source or URL...obviously no html. When I run the 2 nodes, nothing happens.

Hi Lilly, I am using the choose/chosen way. There is only one thing to choose (the actual text). No source or URL...obviously no html. When I run the 2 nodes, nothing happens.

Try running the commands for that page in a sub window (Flow Commands "In Sub Window")

Sometimes with javascript the only way is to trigger the javascript event from within the bot rather than try to choose and click. If you give us a url to look at the button I'll take a look.

Andy

Thanks guys... the site is diigo.com and the problem is actually in the users area after logging in. I am basically submitting a bookmark but the ubot is not recognizing the "add new bookmark" button.

Thanks guys... the site is diigo.com and the problem is actually in the users area after logging in. I am basically submitting a bookmark but the ubot is not recognizing the "add new bookmark" button.

Thanks for the PM. I have sent you back a sample ubot that calls the javascript to trigger the button.

For anyone else who wants to know...

I viewed the page in a regular browser and viewed the source. Even if you don't know much about html its still easy to figure out where the button code is in the page.

<div class="buttonRow">
       <div class="buttonRowInner">
         <a class="promptButton" href="javascript:void(0);" onclick="return submit_add_bookmark()" style="width:160px;"><span><strong>Add New Bookmark</strong></span></a>
         <div class="clear"></div>

From that we can see the button is being called with the onclick event

onclick="return submit_add_bookmark()"

Ignore the word return and just grab the rest of the js call and then in ubot use a run javascript node to call that:

post-732-12823802705054_thumb.jpg

Andy

Somebody should make a "button playground" tutorial page going from easy to hard. (If you can make all these buttons click, then you know what you're doing.) It gives the coding solution to each button.