UBot Underground

Google Maps Scraping

Hey everyone,

I am working on a bot right now and as part of it I need to be able to go to google maps, enter a search term like "los angeles dentists" and then I need to scrape the data from say the first 5 pages or so. I really only need to scrape the data like business name, address, and phone number but if I have to scrape it all that would be ok too.

My question though is how to do this. If I try to scrape like normally where I select say a row to scrape and right click it I don't get the <TR> option to scrape like I would if I was just scraping on google.com. So if anyone knows how to scrape from maps.google.com that would be amazingly appreciated. Thanks again,

Chris

Hey everyone,

I am working on a bot right now and as part of it I need to be able to go to google maps, enter a search term like "los angeles dentists" and then I need to scrape the data from say the first 5 pages or so. I really only need to scrape the data like business name, address, and phone number but if I have to scrape it all that would be ok too.

My question though is how to do this. If I try to scrape like normally where I select say a row to scrape and right click it I don't get the

option to scrape like I would if I was just scraping on google.com. So if anyone knows how to scrape from maps.google.com that would be amazingly appreciated. Thanks again,

Chris

Heya!

I have attached an example. You would basically have to scrape the links to the pages (in case you need to replicate these on your own, choose by the first Div tag that shows up under span, and make sure you're choosing over the Business name in bold, towards the end ) where the information of the businesses are and then navigate to the pages, one by one, and scrape them all to a list, and then save the list to a file. make sure you select "Yes" on Delete Duplicates so your list of urls don't end up like mine with doubles lol

Insert the right files in the right places (except the url list has already been scraped) and you can run it and check it out.Maybe you can make adapt to what you are trying to do.

Google Maps Scraping.zip

Heya!

I have attached an example. You would basically have to scrape the links to the pages (in case you need to replicate these on your own, choose by the first Div tag that shows up under span, and make sure you're choosing over the Business name in bold, towards the end ) where the information of the businesses are and then navigate to the pages, one by one, and scrape them all to a list, and then save the list to a file. make sure you select "Yes" on Delete Duplicates so your list of urls don't end up like mine with doubles lol

Insert the right files in the right places (except the url list has already been scraped) and you can run it and check it out.Maybe you can make adapt to what you are trying to do.

Google Maps Scraping.zip

AWESOME. That is just what I was looking for. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you:)

• 2 years later...