UBot Underground

Table's version of $next list item?

Another day, another bot.

Today I'm making a new bot that uses lists from a CSV but it's not that deep so I thought I'd try to figure out a way to do it with the new table commands instead.

My one issue seems to be using them incrementally in loops...

Since &tables don't use lists, there is no way to use the $next list item variable... but since we have the ability to "increment" in general, I was wondering if any smart botters here or perhaps an admin has figured out a way to increment the position of a row or column of a table instead of a list?

Tables seem great but there are many things that lists can do that they cant... And so far I have yet to need to create any bot at all that would blindly pull items from the exact same cell of a table... Functions like looping increments always seem necessary to me.

Here's hoping...

Luke

Hey Luke. I don't know the answer to your question, but I did find a good use for using tables (over and over). I set up a bot to create numerous accounts at social bookmarking sites. When the account creations are finished it stores the one set of login data in a table. The next script posts to all those sites and simple pulls the login data from the table. It is the one thing so far I like a lot better than loading lists.

This way logins are always the same:

&some table>>>$Table Cell>>>0>>>0(0-1 0-2, etc). For the first two scripts I only needed one UI box (dumb category pull down!), and for the third, only 4. None of them ask for username or password, so it really does give a true appearance of total automation. The table functions also made my scripting a bit "lighter" (not nearly as many nodes).

John

here is how to increment the row items. It is hard to figure out on one's own, so a tutorial will be following very soon.

I will attach an example script in case I make nooo sense writing this, but here goes.

So let's say, you have a csv file, and it's set up like this:

username,password,firstname,lastname

username,password,firstname,lastname

etc,etc,etc

username=position 0

password= position 1

firstname=position2

lastname=positon 3

You are trying to fill a field with each one of those items separately. User name for the user name field, password for the password field, etc etc.

So, create your table first, and then you use the set command to create a variable called "row counter", and set the content to 0, so that the starting position is 0 (the first row item).

After that, create a loop. For the number of cycles, go under the variable constants and select "table total rows". Choose the table you created. After that, you will drag the fields into the script, starting with the user name field. Under the text field, go under variable constants again and drag in "table cell". When the parameter window pops up for that, choose the table you created, and under row, use the variable you created int he set command. Under column, put 0, for the position number, since username is in postion 0.

You will do the same for password, firstname, last name.

after you have added the appropriate fill fields, you would add an inc command inside the loop. You will be incrementing the variable you created (#row counter).

That will cause the script to fill the appropriate fields with the appropriate value. I'm attaching the script now. I added a UI open file so that you can create a .csv file and play with it. Let me know how it goes.

Tables Example.ubot

Thank you Lilly!

Oy... It's so alien from using lists though. :blink: I'll be spending the evening trying to wrap my head around these new concepts. (I didn't even know there was a $table total row counter before!)

The bot is a tremendous help though, thanks again. Seth should definitely give you a raise!

-Luke

Wait! I get it now... Much easier.

All it took was a 5th of Jack to get the old list-based system out of my head and -BOOM!- the new tables system was very easy to figure out... I can tell it's a much easier system, in fact... So you should probably hide the old way from newbies before they get confused too.

By the way, {HIC!} did I ever mention that I loved you guys... :D

Those aren't your beer goggles talking are they?

WADDAYA MEAN?! I'm draught dunk at all! Are you trying to start up something, Mr. fancy science man?? {HIC!}

If only I could fit through this monitor, I'd show you a two or thing...!

lol...nothing fancy about sciencebob squarehead

Ok John... you've been taunting us all with that odd avatar since you got here in may... I'll bite: What the heck is Sciencebob Squarehead? He looks kind of like a cross between gumby and Ted from bill and Ted's...

That most certainly IS an odd avatar! Right Lilly One Eye? (I have no idea what it is. I have been a guitarist for 38 years and I love science...it seemed appropriate)

you're very welcome! It all sounds and looks scarier than it really is. It has soo many possibilites and it seems to run a lot smoother than lists.

aboot the avatars...actually, I can't see anyone's avatar on my computer. Odd... O_o

you're very welcome! It all sounds and looks scarier than it really is. It has soo many possibilites and it seems to run a lot smoother than lists.

aboot the avatars...actually, I can't see anyone's avatar on my computer. Odd... O_o

Very Odd! lol

I have long thought that the Avatars on this forum are haunted... Right now I'm using a default avatar from the board but I have tried on many occasions to upload my own Futurama avatar and it only showed as a broken image...

Here's the avatar in fact, in two different formats, and as you can see they don't work with the board but work great on my PC:

post-625-12813229787308.png

post-625-12813229613493.gif

Can you see any reason these files can't show on this board, Lilly?

------------------------------------------------------

Wow... so broken they won't even be clickable... Yet I watched them upload.

Is there some trigger that makes the forum disallow some images? These are tiny pngs and gifs, small enough in pixles and bytes... so odd.

Edited by Luke

I have long thought that the Avatars on this forum are haunted... Right now I'm using a default avatar from the board but I have tried on many occasions to upload my own Futurama avatar and it only showed as a broken image...

Here's the avatar in fact, as you can see it works and fits:

Can you see any reason this file can't be an avatar, Lilly?

it didn't seem to attach. maybe the file was too large?

it should work if it's 50k in size, 90X90 in width and height and it's a gif,jpeg, or a png .

it didn't seem to attach. maybe the file was too large?

it should work if it's 50k in size, 90X90 in width and height and it's a gif,jpeg, or a png .

16k for the .png, and 3.7k for the gif. both 86x82 pixels.

In fact, check this out:

http://screencast.com/t/NGZhY2NlZDg

When I attach these two files to the post (and my profile too) I watch them upload and then once up they appear broken.

It's funny - the first thing I learned to use WAS tables. (I just bought Ubot about 3 weeks ago) Using lists were tripping me up when I finally got to them.

It's funny - the first thing I learned to use WAS tables. (I just bought Ubot about 3 weeks ago) Using lists were tripping me up when I finally got to them.

Whew... That's good to hear.

I was afraid you new guys were going to get really confused with two ways of doing the same thing... And those two ways are so different from each other.

It's my hope that all future use of CSVs is with Tables only, of course that just means that they should take down the training to use CSVs with lists.

Of course we'll likely always need lists, but merging them into and splitting them apart from CSVs needs to go the way of the dodo.

Yeah, you're lucky. The rest of us are un-learning/re-learning!

16k for the .png, and 3.7k for the gif. both 86x82 pixels.

In fact, check this out:

http://screencast.com/t/NGZhY2NlZDg

When I attach these two files to the post (and my profile too) I watch them upload and then once up they appear broken.

Luke that is the best browser add-on ever. I have been using it for some time now. I wish IE had it.

Luke that is the best browser add-on ever. I have been using it for some time now. I wish IE had it.

Actually I'm using Jing... No browser affiliation, I can use it with no apps at all open, in fact, every bit as awesome as Camtasia's recorder, voice and all. They even host the files, how cool is that? -All free.

But the more important issue here is: WHY IN THE HECK ARE YOU USING IE?!?!?

:o

Actually I'm using Jing... No browser affiliation, I can use it with no apps at all open, in fact, every bit as awesome as Camtasia's recorder, voice and all. They even host the files, how cool is that? -All free.

But the more important issue here is: WHY IN THE HECK ARE YOU USING IE?!?!?

:o

I don't except for uBot. I am a Chrome guy all the way.

I don't except for uBot. I am a Chrome guy all the way.

Oh yeah... That... Hee hee... Must be all the Jack D I had earlier! ;)

I prefer Chrome but worry how much Google can see through it. So I use Firefox for the more private stuff and the SEO tools like PR meters and SEOQuake. Otherwise Chrome rocks.

hmm...it should work...Luke, if you want, i can try to upload your avatar for you. Just send me a message with the avatar when you're ready.

Hmmm... There doesn't seem to be an attachment button on PMs here... You could PM me your email addy...

Thanks,

Luke