UBot Underground

Im about ready for a refund

I really hate to post this, as when i bought ubot i really had high hopes for it. Ive made a few mistakes when goin through the learning process. Im currently working on a bot to sign up for email accounts and web2.0 accounts.

Whilst this is going ok, i have come across sites that simply dont allow you to use the choose by attribute, as there is nothing there. One site in particular, is really driving me bananas, i have created a ui, and have certain text boxes on it. When i assign the variable, it fills in EVERY field with the first fields variable details.

There is a couple of others that do more or less the same thing, and although i can do them manually, it kind of defeats the purpose of having a bot in the first place. I timed myself last nite, and i can create accounts just as fast by opening up all the tabs in my browser and cliking fill on roboform. plus, if i make a mistake, at least i can start again with roboform, unlike ubot where i have to start the script from scratch, which is highly annoying if im halfway through the sites. I know i could just run node, but doing that each and every time is getting annoying.

Am i missing something here, cos with the amount of positive testimonials around about ubot, i find myself questioning wether or not im giving it enough time...ive learned it pretty fast, but as stated before, unless it can do what i want automatically, then i see no use for it.....

Any thoughts on this and how quickly are refunds processed?

• Like 2

You cant be serious?

I have purchased ubot around the same time as you and I have had a few issues also. But each time I have had an issue I found the real problem was ME and not the software. You've been playing with this thing for only a couple of days and your frustrated.

I bet all newbies feel that way too. I know I certainly do. But I also know that rome wasnt built in a day and once I figure out all the ins and outs of ubot I'll be laughing. I most certainly wont be asking for a refund.

Maybe this will help

http://ubotstudio.com/forum/index.php?/topic/3886-have-patience/

Take Care,

Michael Silvester

• Like 1

You cant be serious?

I have purchased ubot around the same time as you and I have had a few issues also. But each time I have had an issue I found the real problem was ME and not the software. You've been playing with this thing for only a couple of days and your frustrated.

I bet all newbies feel that way too. I know I certainly do. But I also know that rome wasnt built in a day and once I figure out all the ins and outs of ubot I'll be laughing. I most certainly wont be asking for a refund.

Maybe this will help

http://ubotstudio.com/forum/index.php?/topic/3886-have-patience/

Take Care,

Michael Silvester

Well i cant do the tasks with ubot that i bought it for, so why would i want to continue??

If it could do what i wanted it to, trust me, i wouldnt be posting here.......

There is always a way around sticking points. And the forum is very useful. I have yet to find a problem that was not solved. If I cannot do it myself, I ask in the forum, and some guys here are very helpful, they will not only tell you how to do it, they will do it themselves and give you the source file

John, I have to agree with kamran here. There is a workaround for almost every issue you encounter. In theory, the first bot I made was just a simple and functional bot. But because of complex scripting on the sites, etc it became far too advanced for me as a beginner. So I posted the problems, people here solved them for me, and I moved on to the next project. The point is, even though I didn't understand all the solutions, I had them handy to study or re-use if I came across the same issue again.

In a strange twist of events I began re-using these code snippets in different projects and really started to understand how and why they worked. The more I understood, the more I could push the envelope of trying new things. I honestly have no idea how long I've owned it (I think 4-5 months now) but the learning curve is NOT as steep as it seems at first.

There is NO problem that can't be solved here in the forum if you give it the chance. You don't have to post your bots either. People here will help you privately as well. I know. They all helped me.

Having more skilled coders here benefits everyone, and nobody wants to see anyone leave. The bonus is that ANYONE can learn to be skilled here. Just give it a chance.

John

plus, if i make a mistake, at least i can start again with roboform, unlike ubot where i have to start the script from scratch, which is highly annoying if im halfway through the sites. I know i could just run node, but doing that each and every time is getting annoying.

Do not blame Ubot for the way you are going about coding your bots. If your are not using subs in your script then you are creating nothing but problems later on.

Lets say I have an account creator for multiple sites, well each site should be created in its own sub. Whys is this so important?

Because if you only need to create accounts for a few of the sites that are coded in your bot you can use if statements along with some UI check boxes to control which sites are going to be ran.

This is just one reason to use subs, but there are hundreds more. I have my bots programed that if an account is disabled during the submission process to run that sub and create a new account for that site and finish submitting. Lets see roboform do that!

@johnscotland, I understand where you are coming from. Part of how useful uBot is depends on your ability to program/code and also how much you understand about how websites/html/etc is laid out and how forms/submit buttons all function. I've said this in another post but the way uBot is marketed is that you can do anything with it and no programming knowledge is required. Of course people should do their homework and be aware that this isn't the case, but the complete lack of any kind of organized and up-to-date user manual/guide complicates this issue further. Having things organized would greatly reduce the chance of threads like this appearing or just general threads where people are asking basic questions that a user guide could easily solve.

However, having said that, I built a bot similar to what you do and it joins up to a bunch of sites and drops links. I used to do this by hand and it would take approximately 4 - 5 hours for me to join, verify emails and then drop anchor text links. That was done using macros and all signup pages bookmarked so I can go as fast as humanly possible. My uBot does the entire process in 1 hour and I sometimes have 3 or 4 sessions running at home here at the same time. I can rent computers here for about 50 cents an hour, can you imagine the kind of links I could process and drop if I rented 20 - 50 machines? I can now very quickly and easily build backlinks to my web2.0 sites in no time compared to doing it by hand.

johnscotland, uBot can do what you want. I am not into over-hyped marketing rubbish as I don't believe in peddling bullshit or false dreams to people, but this is one product that really does deliver. You may need to just forget a few sites because they are too complex, change too often or just aren't worth the time trying to figure out how to get them to work with uBot, but there is no reason that 80% or even 90% of sites will work fine with uBot provided you have a basic understanding of how to use uBot, html etc. If you were a complete guru at javascript, iframes and more complex stuff then I honestly believe you'd be able to do 99% of sites. I would suggest you give it another shot or if you want to give us some websites to look at, I am sure people won't mind helping out.

P.S:

This from your post has me a little concerned:

unless it can do what i want automatically, then i see no use for it.....

Nothing will ever do what you want automatically. You will ALWAYS have to tweak or fiddle with something to make it work how you want it to. I know what you mean, you just want to drag and drop and everything is roses, skittles and beer but the world doesn't work that way. I think you probably know that already and don't need me telling you.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey everyone...

Yah, i got my refund...

Trouble is, i cept thinking about what people had said, and i thought to myself, you know what, i DID NOT give that anywhere near enough time, so i bought it again....

Tried to do too much too soon last time, and so im going to make a real commitment to not only learning ubot, but to master it!!.

I'm getting a prompt every time i start it to upgrade, and as much as i realise that by doing so it will be helping others, im a little concerned that if i do encounter a bug that required a fix, i wouldn't be able to tell if the problem was me, or was indeed a general bug, so i think i'll hang off a week, hope you guys understand.

Anyway, thought it only right to write this post and let you know im back.

Hope to speak soon with some good development in ubot.

Cheers again

Good to have you back. I'm working on your other problem right now, but unfortunately I have the EXACT same problem on another site. That text box is a bear! But we'll get an answer soon enough.