UBot Underground

Input from csv is easy, solving this isnt

Hey everyone,

I bought ubot a couple of days and have scoured through all the tutorials and im well impressed. At the moment im creating a bot that creates accounts on various pages...anyway...

im loading from a csv file and although the text is going in the correct field and everything, i keep getting "" round each word thats entered....any idea how to get rid of this??? my info in the csv isnt in these "" but when its entered into the bot it comes out in them. Now the info in the csv was firstname in row 0 column 0, second name in row 0 column 1. When i put the 3 into the same cell, i:e all in row 0 column 0, and then seperate them with a comma, i can get the info in without the "" in all except the first instance when i use it.

When i do it this way there is only one " on the first chosen data, all data after that ie my lastname, doesnt have the "" around it...

Any help guys?

would it be possible to send me the .csv file privately JohnScotland?

im using open office, when i load the csv file, i am given options to change the delimiter preferences of the document. although still comma seperated, there is a drop down option to change the preferences, and the choices you are given are limited i:e it is set to " but there is no option to delete this, so i pressed deleete the " from the box and it has seemed to work....

btw you can set the delimiter to pretty much any single character you want. (!@#$%^&*(),.AaIiOoP etc etc)

So is your csv working now since you deleted the delimiter you said?

im using open office, when i load the csv file, i am given options to change the delimiter preferences of the document. although still comma seperated, there is a drop down option to change the preferences, and the choices you are given are limited i:e it is set to " but there is no option to delete this, so i pressed deleete the " from the box and it has seemed to work....

Open office is designed to work the same as MS office - unfortunatelyhttp://ubotstudio.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.gif

The issue is that XL only allows comma or tab as delimiters. If you use comma and have commas in your data in a cell then XL will put quotes around it so that it knows not to separate out the commas.

Really annoying when you're relying on using that data straight out of XL. I've been frustrated by this so I moved to semi-colon separated, but now can't use any good tools to manipulate the data. So I'm in the process of writing my own editor to allow editing of files with any delimiter of your choice.

• 4 weeks later...

i actually managed to get round it by...

when i open the file normally, the start up procedure when opening the document prompts you to choose the preferences, which is obviously comma delimited, but although there isnt an option to have no delimiter, by deleting it, and saving immediately, it worked.