UBot Underground

Google Keyword Tool Old Interface

hey guys,

i have been trying to do this for a while now, and have not figured out how this can be done... i am interested in building a bot to scrape search volume.

of course, there is the new interface and the old. personally, i am still getting much more value from the old interface (https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal?forceLegacy=true), especially because of the "Additional keywords to consider" that come at the bottom.

the biggest difficulty in scraping the old interface is that there are two columns, local and global search. all i want is to scrape the keywords column (only the Keywords related to term(s) entered, which does not include the additional keywords to consider) and scrape the respective global column as well. when i tried it, it kept scraping the local column along with the global column and therefore my lists don't match.

any help or suggestion would be appreciated! man, i hope google doesn't take away the old interface!

cheers

is there any way we could see a picture of what you are trying to scrape?

Is there anything that distinguishes the columns from one another?\

You could scrape them as they are and then split them up into two lists if they are ordered like this:

column a

column b

column a

column b

right! this video is what i was referencing to.

however, if you follow through the video at about the 22:00 mark, you can see he chooses by attribute with outerhtml, then scrapes chosen attribute with <TD class=data>*</TD> + wildcard.

however, the problem is that both the columns "local search volume" and "global monthly search volume" have <TD class=data>*</TD> as outerhtml.

so when this is implemented, it scrapes both columns and combines them to list, which does not match the keyword column at all.

I couldn't find anything that distinguishes between the two columns, and so don't know how to separate them during scraping...

The video goes on to solve that problem by combining them all into a single list...

So you have your variables:

#keyword

#globalANDlocalSearchVolume

and when you make your final list you have it loop foreach #keyword, and spit out:

#keyword,#globalANDlocalSearchVolume,#globalANDlocalSearchVolume

that way you get three columns, and they all match (because the first bit you scrape is global for the keyword, then local for the keyword, then global for the next keyword, then local for the next keyword, so on and so forth).

Really, it's in the video, just watch the end again :)