UBot Underground

Yellowpages Scraper

Meter, let me start by saying thank you for this project. But I have had some issue's.

1. Data is not being saved inside the Excel Files other then the default (Business Name Street City State Zip Phone )

2. Excel files are being created after all the data has been searched in the category

3. Using the yp_sample program without the GUI still searched from a to z, even though I wanted just a specific category.

4. A category Chooser would be great using the GUI program in case we're looking up something specific, or want to target a specific category/area

Thanks for working hard at this. And also making it free (for now I assume?), if you need me to test any future versions please let me know as I would love to help you make a better product then what I have seen out there, there has only been 1 program that has pulled it off that is locally downloadable, lets make this number 2.

Hey Joker. I think I can quickly implement a category chooser. But for objections 1 & 2 I don't understand:

1. what other data would you like included? besides business name/street/zip etc...

2. ??? Yeah, it's supposed to create excel files :P

3-4. Understood. I agree, category choosing should be implemented.

I'm actually doing this program as part of a case study, but am currently preoccupied with a bit of a hacker war with some Chinese who have a hardon for my company. Soon as I own their asses I'll come back to improving this scraper and working on that case study I promised Winston.

Cheers,

-meter.

Meter,

No No, I mean it doesn't add any listing data. I tried to attach but I guess I am still too new to be allowed to do that.

So say I am looking in a city near me "Newport Beach CA", it does a search for Air Conditioning Contractors, it searched the entire listing, but then does not add the contact data in the excel file. It names the excel file of course, but other then the header information the rest is blank leaving me with a 1kb excel file per category.

Do you have the program go back and fill in the files after the complete search of all categories? If so I would request this to be changed.

Best of luck with the security issue's at hand, I've recently had a security breach myself with a client mine. You seem smart enough to understand what an Owl & bulldog are, I would re-route their traffic back to themselves as well as creating a alternate dummy network to keep them busy and away from your real network for a while, make sure you shut off all your ssh routes to your devices if you haven't completed that task as well.