UBot Underground

Problem Parsing From Multiple Threads/Browsers Simultaneously

Hey guys, just got Ubot yesterday, and have been learning how to use it.

I went through all the tutorials which were pretty simple, and I didn't see this covered in there.

I've created a bot that grabs urls from a specific search engine, and what I'd like to be able to do is have this done simultaneously with each page if more than one page of results exists.

The problem:

While everything is opening in a new thread/window eventually one of the windows closes (usually one of the first ones, but never the first which you would think would finish first) and then the whole script shuts off.

Questions:

I used local lists/variables everywhere, but I place everything in a single global list, is this a crash or something caused by using a list in more than one thread? are the threads actually running simultaneously?

Does anyone have an example of parsing being done simultaneously in multiple browser windows? Is it even possible, or am I trying to do something Ubot is incapable of?

Quick update: I removed the code from the different threads saving to the same variable, and it had no effect.

Quick update: I removed the code from the different threads saving to the same variable, and it had no effect.

Can you attach a sample bot or some screen shots? I am not entirely following what you are trying to do here.

Andy

Can you attach a sample bot or some screen shots? I am not entirely following what you are trying to do here.

Andy

Hi Net66,

Thanks for the reply.

I have since changed the bot to only work with one thread, and am not going to try to make it faster until I have it going perfectly. So, I can't take a screenshot of it now, but I'll remember to do that next time I enter a question.

What I was trying to do was have multiple browser windows parse different result pages simultaneously, ie.. one page working on results 1-100, another 101-200, another 102-300, another 301-400 and so on.. in order to get things done faster.