UBot Underground

Troublesome dropdown...

I've got a dropdown that seems to be executing some javascript or *something* when clicked manually, and UBot is not replicating the same behavior as a human click. Please see the video if you have any ideas on how to beat this...

http://screencast.com/t/ZWZkNjk0

Thanks!

Jonathan

I've got a dropdown that seems to be executing some javascript or *something* when clicked manually, and UBot is not replicating the same behavior as a human click. Please see the video if you have any ideas on how to beat this...

http://screencast.com/t/ZWZkNjk0

Thanks!

Jonathan

Wild stab in the dark... if there is a keypress that does the same as a mouse click you could try selecting it and sending keys to it rather than using click chosen?

I've not come across a box like that so this really is just a guess as to how I'd try to work around it.

Andy

Sadly there's no keyboard commands at all for this website... all has to be done via mouse. Thanks for the suggestion though. Any other takers??

This is probably the last major obstacle I have to getting this bot to do everything I need it to. So close and yet...

Jonathan

OMG! You just gave me an idea... I tried selecting a field to the left of the one I want, then hitting TAB a few times to get to it, then hitting the first letter of the option I want and VOILA it worked!!

Only problem now is, how the heck do you send a TAB keystroke?? There doesn't appear to be a function for that...??

Jonathan

GOT IT!!!!

All I had to do was select the field as I already was, and send the "t" key - being the first letter of the option I wanted. I really didn't think that would also execute the javascript behind the scenes but it does. W00T!

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction... :)

Jonathan

Yes it does and it doesn't. I hadn't thought to try that trick because this particular field has some javascript hidden behind it, and I didn't think that selecting via keystrokes like this would also fire the JS... but it does. Had the JS not been part of the equation then this would have been the solution of choice from the get-go. :)

Thanks again!

Jonathan

Cool. Just FYI, my skills are very limited here, so I just try and keep up with issues others are having and try to solve them any way I can to help with my own learning process. Most of my attempts are truly just trial and error guesses, so don't be upset WHEN I'm way off! lol

I know zero, nada, zip, zilch about js, and have been taking tutorials to try and learn it. Therefore when it becomes part of the issue, I am totally lost! But thanks to people like you (and several others)on this forum, I am learning new things everyday, so maybe sometime soon I will actually have a solution for someone! lol Have a great day!

John