UBot Underground

choose by attribute problem

Hey guys,

i ran across a problem i need help. I am trying to choose a form field by attribute and have it do it in the same way for several websites running the same script. The problem is, the attribute is different from website to website. For example, the first website would have the "First Name" field attribute as "ht_field_id_8", the next website would have it as "ht_field_id_1". I cant use wildcards because that chooses all the fields first name,last name, username etc...all of them have the attribute as "ht_field_id_*" where * is some number.

I cant choose by any other attributes as they are same for all the fields. I cant choose by position as that changes from website to website.What do I do? Any solution would be very much appreciated.

More info: This is how source code of the first name part of the form looks like:

<TR><TD style="WIDTH: 45%" class=tableCellTwo>

<DIV class=defaultBold><SPAN class=highlight>*</SPAN> First Name</DIV></TD>

<TD style="WIDTH: 55%" class=tableCellOne><INPUT style="WIDTH: 300px" class=input maxLength=100 size=40 name=ht_field_id_8></TD></TR>

If all the sites have the first name field labeled as "First Name" and the source code is all pretty much the same with the exception of the id field being labeled a different number, you could always do this:

outerhtml

choose attribute by

*First Name*

If all the sites have the first name field labeled as "First Name" and the source code is all pretty much the same with the exception of the id field being labeled a different number, you could always do this:

outerhtml

choose attribute by

*First Name*

Thanks for taking the time to reply. However, it still did not work. The outer HTML contains only

<INPUT style="WIDTH: 300px" class=input maxLength=100 size=40 name=ht_field_id_8>

and if i click on <INPUT> and choose TR the outer HTML can be chosen but that doesnt work. Any other suggestions?

I am getting desperate, cant ubot fill in the box using the attributes of the circled part?....even roboform can do this, so ubot must be having this capacity, its just that i cant figure it out...someone please help me...I have gotten tired of trying

http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/2764/firstname.png

After looking this over pretty extensively, I'm afraid I couldn't come up with a way that you could make one script and have it work for all the sites.

The good news is, that uBot doesn't have any problem filling these fields. You just have to make an individual script or sub for each site.