UBot Underground

Separating Lines (or Cells) of Data For Use Individually

I know I had this question about 100 different times when I first started using uBot and I see it asked all the time, so I figured I'd share a working example of it.

To make it clear what this bot does:

It separates a single line of a comma separated .CSV or .TXT file into separate variables for use individually. For example, let's say you had a .TXT file where each line looked like this:

username,password

Obviously, the password corresponds to the username, so when you go to login to a site, you need to access the two of those variables. This bot would separate that single line of data into two variables for use individually.

Before you hit play on the bot, read through the nodes. I've inserted very clearly labeled lists, nodes and subs to make sure it is easy to understand what the purpose of each one is.

Also, before you hit play, MAKE SURE you select the .CSV (or comma seperated .TXT) file where you have your data. If you hit play without selecting a file, it'll throw an error message.

When it is finished running, look in the text box of the site it navigated to so you can see that it inserted the proper cell of data.

separate CSV or TXT file.ubot

• Like 1

i downloaded this and put in a csv file and i still get errors...maybe i dont understand the intructions?

It is probably because you don't have enough cells. That example currently tries to change the text field at "wordcounttool.com" to the content that is in the 3rd cell...so if you don't have a 3rd cell, it is going to throw an error.

Try changing the 2 in the following node to a number that is relevant to the number of cells in your input file (the instructions are also on the picture below):

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/3057/nodetochange.gif