UBot Underground

Getting Google autocomplete to work with UBot

I'm trying to write a bot that uses the results of Google autocomplete (go to www.google.com, start typing something in the search box, and results begin to pop up).

My first obstacle to this is to get UBot to actually get results to pop up. When I type in something in the Google search box by myself, I get results to pop up, but I haven't been able to get UBot to do the same. It just types letters in the box and no autocomplete results are generated. Send Keys Field Chosen says that it keeps focus on the element, but even using that resulted in the same problem.

Does anyone have an idea how to get the autocomplete results to show up with Ubot?

I'm trying to write a bot that uses the results of Google autocomplete (go to www.google.com, start typing something in the search box, and results begin to pop up).

My first obstacle to this is to get UBot to actually get results to pop up. When I type in something in the Google search box by myself, I get results to pop up, but I haven't been able to get UBot to do the same. It just types letters in the box and no autocomplete results are generated. Send Keys Field Chosen says that it keeps focus on the element, but even using that resulted in the same problem.

Does anyone have an idea how to get the autocomplete results to show up with Ubot?

If you have it select the search box, and then do "send keys chosen" (not send keys field chosen) and then have it enter only one or two letters, the autocomplete box will appear.

I just tested it, and had it only put in the letter "d" and the autocomplete box did appear.

Thanks, I could have sworn I tried that, but that's what I was looking for.

However, I'm getting some strange behavior. All I'm using is:

(first I go to www.google.com, then)

-----

Choose by Attribute

name

q

exact match

Send Keys Chosen

a

-----

But it's sending 3 a's. I've tried other letters and words, but it's doing each letter 3 times. "dog" comes out as "dddoooggg", "a" is "aaa" and "da" is "dddaaa". The code is simple enough, so I can't see what could be causing this. Does this happen with your script too?