UBot Underground

WooHoo!! I Finished My Second Bot, Here is a Video

Alright, so this software is spectacular. I finished my first bot yesterday, but is was a crippled version of what I actually wanted (no user inputs), and it was only aimed at only me being able to use it. I started slow yesterday, but today I really got rolling with it. The best part is, I didn't have to look at a single manual or video tutorial to complete the bot that is in the video below. I started completely from scratch to make sure I really learned what I did yesterday.

The reason I wanted this bot is because I use bookmark demon. Bookmark demon uses pligg sites (among others) as "add in" sites. I've got a list of about 10k pligg sites that I wanted to "clean". The thing with pligg sites is that they are frequently taken down or have a Page Rank that is so low they aren't worth using. So I created a bot using uBot that goes through the list, finds sites that are working, and then exports the site and it's corresponding PR to a .CSV file. I also added in an option to not export any site that has a PR below X value (X value being a user input value).

So, here is the video: (I tried embedding it, but the forum won't allow it, so to view it you'll have to go to YouTube)

Alright, so this software is spectacular. I finished my first bot yesterday, but is was a crippled version of what I actually wanted (no user inputs), and it was only aimed at only me being able to use it. I started slow yesterday, but today I really got rolling with it. The best part is, I didn't have to look at a single manual or video tutorial to complete the bot that is in the video below. I started completely from scratch to make sure I really learned what I did yesterday.

The reason I wanted this bot is because I use bookmark demon. Bookmark demon uses pligg sites (among others) as "add in" sites. I've got a list of about 10k pligg sites that I wanted to "clean". The thing with pligg sites is that they are frequently taken down or have a Page Rank that is so low they aren't worth using. So I created a bot using uBot that goes through the list, finds sites that are working, and then exports the site and it's corresponding PR to a .CSV file. I also added in an option to not export any site that has a PR below X value (X value being a user input value).

So, here is the video: (I tried embedding it, but the forum won't allow it, so to view it you'll have to go to YouTube)

Awesome bot, You can also throw a counter into your script so you can see numerically how many lines/sites are left to check. Would love to see the source, but of course, that is up to you!