UBot Underground

How To Tell Ubot To Hit Continue On A Script Error Pop Up?

On that note - I spent more than a few hours over the last couple days trying to diagnose a bot that wasnt finishing its loop properly.  Step by step runthrough didnt reveal any problems, seemed fine.  As I was coming off my lunch break, right as I was walking outside the door, i saw the problem.  A single misplaced comma in some of the input the bot was using was causing a timeout I hadn't noticed.  Bot works fine now.

I love UBot, but the debugger is seriously lacking in more than a few ways.  "There is an error in your code" is ....  pretty vauge, and no diagnostics really exist as it stand.  Any particular extra methods anyone has for creating impromptu debugging strategies?  I think that the debugger needs to be focused on at some point, but until then, any ideas anyone has been using would be great to hear

• Like 1

On that note - I spent more than a few hours over the last couple days trying to diagnose a bot that wasnt finishing its loop properly.  Step by step runthrough didnt reveal any problems, seemed fine.  As I was coming off my lunch break, right as I was walking outside the door, i saw the problem.  A single misplaced comma in some of the input the bot was using was causing a timeout I hadn't noticed.  Bot works fine now.

I love UBot, but the debugger is seriously lacking in more than a few ways.  "There is an error in your code" is ....  pretty vauge, and no diagnostics really exist as it stand.  Any particular extra methods anyone has for creating impromptu debugging strategies?  I think that the debugger needs to be focused on at some point, but until then, any ideas anyone has been using would be great to hear

I think that is when switching views, code to node.

Other ways to debug are:

You can use ubot's built in logging.

or

http://network.ubotstudio.com/forum/index.php?/topic/17774-tut-ez-logging-while-debugging-or-in-production/?/topic/17774-tut-ez-logging-while-debugging-or-in-production/

Also, you can use the "alert' command to see what's inside functions and variables.

Regards,

Nick

• Like 1