UBot Underground

I See A Lot Of Confusion Around Windows 10

Hi All,

Since the forum gods have restricted me from replying to the pipline threads i will open a new thread regarding windows 10.

I see a lot of confused people when it comes to windows 10 and i think i can help a bit with clearing things up for you.

I use windows 10 on my surface pro 3,phone and my second laptop and i am a microsoft developer including for windows 10.

All ubots will run on windows 10 without any modifications so the ubot team does not have to do anything and you can keep using ubotstudio without any problems (or atleast with the same problems that you have now on win8 and 7)

So no need to hold back the windows 10 update and i must say it is awesome.

I have been playing around with windows 10 for a while now and have made windows 10 apps for the store allready and i must say windows 10 is mindblowing.

With some effort you can run your windows softwares on linux and mac and that is just wicked.

Out of the box your bots will work on all windows devices beside xbox,phone and small tablets.(However there are allready hacks to play around with the restrictions of windows 10,and there will only come more)

When you get down to 7" and lower your bots will not work due to the mobile windows 10 kicking in and is running your app contained and with limited access.

However with new phones when you hook them up to a monitor or tv continium kicks in and you can run  desktop softwares on your phone.

This is hardware related so for now there are no phones supporting this yet,but next month they will be released.

There are a lot of more cool things but microsoft is holding back som of the information and i hope they release it next week.

If you should have any questions about windows 10 then fire away adnill do my best to answer them.

• Like 2

ya there is a free upgrade from win 7 -> 10 in my taskbar.... trying to figure out how to disable it/remove it? It keeps bugging me for the upgrade when I said i didnt want it... its still there. pissing me off.

Here you go http://www.askvg.com/how-to-remove-get-windows-10-app-and-its-icon-from-taskbar/

I must say that this is not going to be the only problems with windows 7 and 8 nowdays,microsoft keep pushing out new things this comming month and some things are bound to break.

I have been batteling with strange bugs the past 2 months due to microsoft pushing things out.

On my alienware i still run windows 8.1 because it is my work pc and i did not want to beta test when developing,but that did not keep me away from them pesky bugs.

There will only come more and more bugs this comming month and it wil be a nightmare for us developers untill everything is working as it should.

Couple of anoying bugs worth mentioning now is a net 4.6 bug and this have given me headaces for a month now.

Even when i keeps my alienware to win 8 i still got the .net 4.6 bug this is something that microsoft has silently pushed out and for some strange reason you get some parts of .net 4.6 on your win 8 pc.

This can result in huge problems if you use packers and encrypters.

Most packers do not have .net 4.6 support yet and for some strange reason when i compiled my softwares after some windows updates i got stuck with no beeing able to pack the files due to the packer not supporting .net 4.6.

The weird part is i do not have .net 4.6 RC installed on my windows 8 pc but for some strange reason when i recompiled my softwares something from .net4.6 got added to my code and i think this was done with a windows update.

I did find a workaround for this problem if anyone should get the same problem,

If you can't pack or merge your files to the .exe then you can add all the files as Embedded Resource,however this require some changes in your code.

• Like 1