UBot Underground

Need some opinions/advice on this...

I have a Facebook group poster that I sell. It has ui boxes for FB username, password and text that they want posted, an upload file button for pics, and button for loading FB groups url .txt file.

So when they run the program, it goes to Facebook, types in username and password and logs in. It then goes to the first Facebook group url on the .txt file. Next uploads their picture, types in their text and then clicks the submit button.

This bot has pretty much worked flawlessly. The only time I ran into a problem was when Facebook changed their website layout a few months back. The bot would no longer click the submit button. To fix it, I just went and re did the click command (to work with Facebook's new layout) that was used to click the submit button. Since then everything has worked fine. My customers have had no problems at all.

Although today I got an email from a customer claiming that it's typing his text and uploading the pic, but it's not clicking the submit button. When I heard this, I figured that his Facebook account must not have gotten updated yet, so I sent him the old version of the bot. He emailed me saying that it's still doing the same thing with that version as well. I then had him send me screenshots of his facebook page to see if he had the new or old layout. His account does have the new layout, so the newest version should work fine for him. I use the bot everyday myself and it works flawlessly (like it does for the rest of my customers).

Any ideas as to why the bot is not clicking the submit button for him, but is working fine for everybody else?

Thanks - Roger

Hmmm, not sure why you ignored my reply I was only trying to help. But anyway, the reason I asked for you to post your code is because I wanted to see if you identified the button using some innertext written in English. Because if you did then that may be the problem.

Example:

Post Button in French:

<button value="1" class="_42ft _4jy0 _11b _yo _4jy3 _4jy1 selected" type="submit" aria-owns="js_4" aria-haspopup="true" aria-label="Publier">Publier</button>

Post Button in English:

<button value="1" class="_42ft _4jy0 _11b _yo _4jy3 _4jy1 selected" type="submit" aria-owns="js_4" aria-haspopup="true" aria-label="Post">Post</button>

Gogetta,

I wasn't meaning to ignore you. I meant to respond to you as well but my wife was yelling at me to get off of the computer so we could leave. lol. Sorry about that.

I only have the uBot Standard Edition, so I'm not able to view the code for the button.

Based on what Gogetta said, I would ask your customer what language his machine runs.

Once you know the answer maybe you can reproduce the environment where the program fails.

Then again, if he is using the same language as you, you could remote access his machine and watch it in action for clues.

Andy

Edited by arunner26