UBot Underground

Sending attachments in email

Hey botters.

I'm getting straight to the point.

Does anybody has any problems sending attachments? I am trying for over 12 hours to get this going but nothing.

I tried with the build in email send and aymens email plugin but both aint working for me.

It will let me send emails but when i want to attach a small .txt to the mail... Nothing.

Info around the web and the forum is pretty much not available.

Anybody who can send me in the right direction?

Appreciated.

This was working for me using version 4, although there wasn't any special trick to it.

set(#AttachmentFile2"{$special folder("Desktop")}\\Images\\{#DateStamp}_Image.jpg""Global")
set(#EmailMessageHTML"<b>See Attachment</b>""Global")
connect to mail server("SMTP""joe@bloggs.co.uk""***111""bloggs.co.uk", 25) {
    send email("someone@domain.com""Mail Title - See Attachment""HTML"#EmailMessageHTML#AttachmentFile2"""")
    wait(3)

Hi Martin.

Thank you for taking the time to copy a piece from your code :)

The only thing i noticed that i had different was the the fact the i was sending my emails as plain text instead of HTML.

Unfortunally that didn't work either.

Since i checked the code maybe a zillion times and there are 100% no errors in there i can only think that i am not allowed for some vague reason to send attachments from my server this way...

Since its on my own private server and i am not in the ability to check why and how overthere i'll let it rest for now and send the reports to my clients through a php file that ill upload to my server everytime with a link to it in the email. ( automated ofcourse ).

Its a very strange problem but ill leave it at is i guess.

Thanks again man, really appreciated in your effort.

Walter

I think you are right that it might be a problem with the mail server setup, if you can and want to isolate your code and send it to me I could try it using my email server and check that it works.

Hi Martin,

Thats ok.

I just did a test this morning accessing and sending mails with attachments of a shared hostgator and it was sending it out correctly.

100% sure now that its server related somehow...

Thanks for the offer though! Really appreciated ;)