UBot Underground

Does anyone else find that when they have a large UBot that there are certain things that just don't work.

I have had a couple of occasions now  before where parts of my code is correct but simply being ignored.

I can't really report it as a bug as if I isolate the code it works fine and to send the offending problem to support would involve sending a massive amount of code and loads of associated files.

My latest one is a simple wait statement. I want the procedure to wait 120 seconds, it simply ignores the wait statement and carries on as though it were not there, I have tried replacing the wait value which was a variable value with a hard coded 120 but still it just ignores it. Other wait statements work fine. 

If I isolate the code it all works as normal. I had this the other day with something entirely different and had to rework the code so that it worked, I am not sure how I can rework a Wait statement though.

The problem is in a Defined Procedure and not the main code, but everything else seems to work fine. Talk about attitude.

I am using Version 4 so it is not a Version 5 problem.

Or is it just me?

Martin 

I agree with quite_interesting, that it might be that you are copying and pasting a define.

1) Make sure when copying and pasting a define that you delete the original copy. UBot will have problems if you have multiple defines that share the same name. Even if you have the defines in separate tabs they must all have a different name.

2) After you copy a define and delete the original one click edit and then the ok button. This seems to refresh the copied define and any new code you add to that define will now register in UBot.

I hope that helps.

• Like 1

Thanks guys, 

I had tried re-creating the node as I have had that one.

The copying and pasting defines I have learned to be careful although I wouldn't blame UBot if I introduced duplication.

If I was a betting man it is something related to nested levels of code as I managed to re-work the code with less nesting and it is working now.

When I have UBot problems most of the time I admit it is my coding that is at fault but as much as I like UBot I do get frustrated when code that has been written disappears, entire defined procedures can go missing and  simple statements don't work for no apparent reason.Thankfully the latter is fairly rare, and by taking loads of backups the missing code can often be recovered.