UBot Underground

How to check if Bot is still running?

I apologize if this has been answered before. I tried several searches on the forum.

I have a bot I need to run 24/7 on a VPS. Is there a way to be notified if the bot stops running? I have thought about making the bot send me emails avery 15 minutes but that would get quickly get old. I am sure you have come up with a more elegant solution.

Thank you,

Matt 

You can input a variable into a MySQL database and use a cronjob to check. A lot of scripts are available in php for this.

In bot have a thread that does only update something every x mins.

Have cronjob check and email if needed

Hi.

There are different ways to solve that problem. Do you want to just get informed or do you want to trigger an automatic action?

There are a couple of things to consider:

1. If the bot stops working, it will not notify you. 

2. The executable could stop. But it could also be, that it's still running but it's not working correctly. So to be on the save side you have to detect app failures but also logical errors.

3. If your bot only executes a short task and then waits for the next run, you could easily just start and stop the bot every time via a scheduler.

That's what I do when I need to run something on a server.

Dan

Have the bot save a text file every 10 minutes with a time it last ran. Have a script/bot open and check this text file to see if the correct time is saved, if not run a batch file to close and restart the bot, then close the checking bot.