UBot Underground

Private Bot Bank

While I'm reading the doc I find this:

It is not advisable to add your scripts as command nodes into a bot that you plan to distribute to others. Remember that you are the only one who has access to your private bot bank file. If you run a command directly from your private bot bank in a distributed script or compiled bot, other people will encounter errors if they attempt to run the script that contains the command.

The best way to use a script from a private bot bank command is to copy and paste it's components into your main script.

I was planning to use my private bot bank library as a ... you can guess ... a LIBRARY ...

But from what I read, do I have to do a COPY&PASTE thing to reuse my code? I mean for my compiled bots.

Can't I just simply use the library "command" and thats it as a define?

At run time you will need the "private bot lib", but after compilation ... its kinda compiled, no one will steel yout ubot code.

Or I'm totally wrong here? :S Hope so ...

If you run a command directly from your private bot bank in a distributed script or compiled bot, other people will encounter errors if they attempt to run the script that contains the command.

This only affects the SCRIPT(source) I guess?

The sentense is kinda bogus like it contains a reference for the compiled version in the 1st part, in the 2nd part only talk about the script ...

This only affects the SCRIPT(source) I guess?

The sentense is kinda bogus like it contains a reference for the compiled version in the 1st part, in the 2nd part only talk about the script ...

The general gist is to not send other people scripts containing your private bot commands. If you compile with a private bot bank command and send someone a copy of the compiled bot, it will work fine, because it is not a script.

If you send someone a script that uses a private bot bank command, then they will encounter errors, because that command is private and only you can edit it and access it in a script.

Does that make sense?