UBot Underground

Two Lists Not Matching Up

Hey guys,

UBot newbie and first post.  I actually bought BotBuddy's course, which is awesome and helped a ton (still going through it).  I have one problem I keep running into.

I have one tab that scraps URLs from one website into list A, and another tab that scrapes URLs off of another site into List B.  I then use those URL's to compare various things. The thing is I need the list positions to be the same for both URL A and URL B. 

Everything works perfectly with single-threading, but with multi-threading some URLs in both lists will align and others won't.  I have no random waits, but I do have a 5 second wait before the start of each thread. So I'm not sure what's causing the mis-match in list positions.

If two threads need to start from the same list position but from different lists then why not assign the list position to both threads before they start,

rather than use next list item. That way you will not rely on chance by using your 5 second wait, because you have assigned the list position to both threads. you will know thread 1 is working on list A at position1 and tread 2 is working on list B at position1

set(#position, 0, "Global")
set list position(%list1, #position)
increment(#position)
set list position(%list2, #position)

some commands you need ^

Increment in one thread only and create if statements to make sure both have done there tasks before continuing