UBot Underground

Any way to communicate with server?

Hi guys!

I'm new to the community and I love the potential automation brings. I had the lucky chance of having a friend introduce me to ubot and I'm hooked. I just have one problem: is there any way to communicate with a server?

To explain in more detail, I wish to have a user input information into my server, where the server will feed information into ubot (as well as initiate execution), and the ubot will then go run its scripts, and output information back to the server.

Is there any way to do this?

Thanks!

Allen

There is a MySQL commands plugin from UBS team as well as an SQLite plugin from Aymen.
I believe both would work only if you had Pro or Dev license, not STD.. but you should ask Aymen and/or support for that.

Using an SQL DB would help you achieve your goals of pushing/pulling data between your PC and a server..

As for automating the start/run/stop of bots per se, that is another topic. You might probably envisioned using Cron Jobs for that, as you mentioned a server?

But actually, you can do that using Windows Task Scheduler on the local PC.

As for a remote scheduler, such as the bots running on a VPS, then that is again a bit different - you need to check the VPS account to see what you can do for that.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply Vaultboss!

I think the real question right now is how can I trigger UBot to execute based on new information.

To go into even more detail, I'm trying to make a mobile app that will have a login interface, that will login to a desktop website (using ubot). How can I make UBot respond to user input through this login action?

Would constantly polling for new information be a good route to take, or is there a more elegant fashion to do this?

Thanks again,

Allen

I'm pretty sure that this is not the best way to deal with what you want, using UBS..

Usually, forms on a website would collect input data from the users and send it to the server when the user clicks a SUBMIT button
(not polling incessantly the form fields to 'see' if there is new data to grab from there...)

Such sites(forms) are built using PHP and they communicate very well with the backend MySQL database on the server.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't understand why would you want to use UBS instead of the forms?

UBS can help you input data into those forms from the website and click the submit button, indeed... OR even more, if you want to bypass using the browser at all, there is again... Aymen's HTTP Post plugin - that would probably do exactly what you need - :)

P.S.

@Aymen.. Bro, I'm singing praises to you, lol

Sorry, please let me make it clearer:

Basically I'm trying to utilize ubot to make up for missing API.

My country (Taiwan) has an auction website that doesn't allow people use their API for uploading items to their auction website (Ruten). What I'm trying to do is to use ubot to compensate. A typical action would look like this:

1. User uses moblile app form fields to input data (ie. user information)

2. Mobile app sends data to server

3. Through some unknown method as yet uBot understands that the user has inputted information

4. Whether through mysql, or using an html page, uBot retrieves the information the user has inputted.

5. UBot uses the information to perform a designated action with the data (ie. login to Ruten, upload an item to Ruten).

6. If successful, UBot sends data back to server with a success message (can be done with html too).

7. Success message is shown to user via mobile app.

Please let me know if you have a good idea to execute step 3. Incessantly polling is troublesome, but I can't think of a better method as yet.

Thanks!

Allen

Well... doesn't that look pretty much like phishing?  LOL

Basically, you want to 'interpose' something (say UBS bot) between the REAL user, and the end website (Ruten) that isn't yours, but a 3rd party's..

Phishers do that ILLEGAL action by replicating the target website, most of the times, lol

Please tell me that I'm wrong!

Not trying to be harsh here, as I might still haven't fully understood your motives or process, just saying how it looks like...

UBS is a tool that is normally used to automate things that one user (or even a number of fake users, acting on behalf and for the benefit of one person), would normally do on a website...

In no way appears in this process an attempt to get any REAL person's login credentials - apart from maybe the UBS user themselves... but they do that willingly...

Again, not wanting to say anything bad about you, just trying to understand what you want to accomplish. For now, it looks like phishing...

Maybe some other people may chime in too, maybe I'm out of line.

I look forward to more clarification and if I am wrong I apologize in advance! No harm meant...

Cheers!

Didn't know about the term 'phishing' beforehand :)

Basically, Ruten doesn't offer a mobile version of the website where you can easily take a picture and upload it for an auction via your cellphone, which is what I want to accomplish. I am merely trying to create a more convenient version of an existing system, and trying to use ubot to accomplish that, since the API doesn't support what I need to undergo this project.

Is that still an illegal practice?

From wikipedia,

Phishing is the act of attempting to acquire information such as usernames, passwords, and credit card details (and sometimes, indirectly, money) by masquerading as a trustworthy entity in an electronic communication. Communications purporting to be from popular social web sites, auction sites, online payment processors or IT administrators are commonly used to lure the unsuspecting public. Phishing emails may contain links to websites that are infected with malware.[1] Phishing is typically carried out by e-mail spoofing[2] or instant messaging,[3] and it often directs users to enter details at a fake website whose look and feel are almost identical to the legitimate one. Phishing is an example of social engineering techniques used to deceive users,[4] and exploits the poor usability of current web security technologies.[5] Attempts to deal with the growing number of reported phishing incidents include legislation, user training, public awareness, and technical security measures.

This is definitely not something that I want to do.

s that still an illegal practice?

As long as you would clearly state boldly to your phone app users that you are not directly associated to the 3rd party website and that you will take their credentials in the process and use them to login and upload on their behalf, you could maybe be safe (but consult a lawyer on that, do not reside on my opinion, which is NOT a professional one!)

If you ask me, I wouldn't even try it though... but that's just me.

Even the best intentions could be misconstrued and what you are trying to accomplish is extremely dangerous, imho...

Wouldn't be better to be safe rather than sorry?

Just sayin'...

Cheers!