UBot Underground

Can anyone tell me what the proper syntax would be to pass a text variable as a parameter to a command from the "load html" window... Here's what I've done...

This does not work at all.. like you didn't even click the button...

<button class=\"buttons delete\" onclick=\"ubot.runScript(\'dosomething(\"{#param}\")\')\">DO SOMETHING</button>

This seems to work just fine IF the #param is a numeric value

<button class=\"buttons delete\" onclick=\"ubot.runScript(\'dosomething({#param})\')\">DO SOMETHING</button>

I also tried the first one with single ' around the {#param} and it did the same as a single quote...

SOLVED:  As I typed out the above it gave me one last idea to try, I eliminated the {} around the #param (which was put there by the node view) and it worked!  It does not show up in nodeview as a highlighted variable but it works now anyway...

• 3 weeks later...
<button class=\"buttons delete\" onclick=\"ubot.runScript(\'dosomething(123)\')\">DO SOMETHING</button>

this works, but this not:

<button class=\"buttons delete\" onclick=\"ubot.runScript(\'dosomething(TEST)\')\">DO SOMETHING</button>

Solution?

Yes, sorry, I do have a solution... here is some example code... I'm only using the on load to set the #param variable to something to demonstrate passing it. I purposfully used a different variable name #test in the define to make it easier to understand and see that its working. so... the variable #param is passed from the button into the dosomething command and read into a new variable called #test. You cannot (for some reason) pass plain text in the parameter, at least not like this, and it has to start off as a variable.

on load("Bot Loaded") {
    set(#param, "Testing", "Global")
}
ui html panel("<button onclick=\"ubot.runScript(\'dosomething(#param)\')\">DO SOMETHING</button>", 100)
define dosomething(#test) {
    alert(#test)
}

Hope that helps... now... if I could just figure out how to pass multiple parameters like this I'd be even more happy!

• Like 1