UBot Underground

RegEx that functions like $Page Scrape

I'm trying to create a RegEx function that will work like the $Page Scrape function. I like the $Page Scrape's ability to select the text to the left and right of the target to scrape the appropriate info, unfortunately it can only be used on web pages. I want to create a regex to do the same thing to a list item.

I'm trying $Replace Regular Expression to replace from beginning of list item to a set word or phrase, replacing with $Nothing to get rid of the data prior to the target. Then trying a $Replace Regular Expression to replace the characters immediately after the target until the end of the list item with $Nothing.

Unfortunately I can't seem to get the RegEx just right to perform this consistently.

Any gurus here want to show how it's done?

• 1 month later...

Regex is so interesting. When I use .*(?=-) as you suggested, it works perfectly (thanks!) until I come across more than one "-" such as "John Doe - ABC - 123". With the suggested regex I then end up with "John Doe - ABC" so I guess that regex finds the last instance of the main expression, instead of the first.