UBot Underground

Does Clone do more than I am aware of?

In one of my bots, I used the "clone" option to copy one of the scripts. Ever since then, the bot has been very buggy. Sometimes it will do what it is supposed to, other times it will not, despite the fact I have not changed anything on the original script. I thought perhaps it was some type of memory error so I compiled the bot and ran it on a different computer, same problems. It's as if the original script that I cloned is ignoring certain nodes in it's programming now, it just seems to skip certain steps. Any advice?

Thanks.

I meant to add, I usually run my bots in studio instead of compiled. Can this cause some type of problem? I can, for example, run one of my bots in studio for a couple days with no problems, make no changes to the script, and then it starts malfunctioning. It just seems to start skipping certain nodes. Obviously it's me and not Ubot, I'm just not certain what I'm doing wrong.

Why not just delete the clone? It will be because everything is set to gloable and you will have defines in each tab by the same name with identical lists and variables, as you call a define from one tab it will be firing the define in the second tab as well, causing the bot to get confused.

If I rename the defines in the clone will it resolve those conflicts? Or should I scrap the clone and build the new tab from scratch?

Thanks for your help.

Edited by wiremarket

. Why do you need the same define multiple times? Just delete the cloned defines. It doesn't matter what tab you are in you can call a define from any tab.

If your idea was to clone and modify the defines in the second tab then yes renaming them will work. No two defines can have the same name.